Looking for a job!

Eyeluvyeww

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe my answer to this is not the optimistic one but I think its a realistic one.

You get most jobs here in SL like the ones in the real world. You find out what you want to do, what your skills are and then look around for job offers. The forum is one point to start, but I would suggest to get active yourself and apply for jobs instead of waiting that someone comes up to you and offers you one.

A good orientation are the many job center groups. They often have a place inworld where you can find a group of adds from different places who are looking for new people. This is quite a popular method in the clubscene (DJs, hosts, dancers....).

But you can also check out places you like and ask if there are any positions free or you look around the forum and see what you can find here.

That was the pratical part of advise....now we get to the not so optimistic part: You wrote you joined an hour ago and that will be a bad point, because people might think you are not a reliable trustfull person who they can count on. Because of that and the need of getting to know second life a little better, many shops and clubs won't hire avatars which are under the age of 30 days. That may sound unfair, but how else should others know if you stay and not just fade away after a few days?

I wish you luck with your search. If you still have questions about jobs, feel free to IM me or (when I'm not online) drop me a notecard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.