paypal - how will it show up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I buy something in SL with PayPal what will the mechants see?  Will they see my account info which might have my real name or just the paypal identifier that attaches to the account.  The reason I ask is that I originally used a credit card for some purchases and the vendor responded back with my real name which was associated with the credit card.

this is why you are better off buying Lindens with you credit card, and paying for things with Lind $ only. at least that way only LL will see details of yoiur RL (which they already know anyway. NEVER EVER give CC details or any other RL details in SL unless you know them personally.

Hi Parthenea,  in that situation, the only way your name/info could go to the SecondLife merchant is if you used your paypal to directly pay their paypal.  Or your credit card to pay directly on their credit card payment web page.. Does that make sense?

Both of those are ways to pay that completely bypass the Linden Lab.  That's why they expose your info. If your paypal is registered in your personal name (it's not a "business account") then they see your name. If it's a business, they'd see the name of the business. It's pretty easy in paypal to change from a personal to a "business" type of account with some non-identifying name if you're concerned.

BUT, if you buy stuff on the SL Marketplace,  use Linden$ that you got from them (using your paypal or creditcard), then the Secondlife merchants are only going to get your avatar name and date of purchase, no other info.

Hope that helps!

PS: By the way, buying stuff on marketplace with Linden dollars is much cheaper too than with a credit card.

This info does not seem to jib with my experience.  I bought some items with Linden dollars and not directly but the vendor responded back with my real name belonging to my credit card so somehow that info was relayed to the vendor when I made my purchase.  The Linden dollars were financed in a block by my credit card in my real name but the actual items purchased were with Linden dollars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.