Problem to start client

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Restart/reboot the PC and try again.

Assuming you're running Windows 7, try running it with Administrator permissions. (Right-Click on the icon > Run as Administrator)

Post your PC's operating envrironment to get more specific information.

Post any error messages to give a clearer image of the fault.

Not a bad machine. :)

Are you using the standard LL viewer available from http://get.secondlife.com ?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Start Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.

Look for any instances of Secondlife.exe, SLvoice.exe, SLplugin.exe. If any are in the list already, close them and re-try launching.

Post anything unusual that you find.

Certainly sounds curious.

Assuming you have Administrator permissions on your PC it should launch when double-clicked.

Further steps would be to try temporarily disabling Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus on your PC and try again, but do this only at your own risk.

Not sure I can help further; it's not an issue I've encountered.

It does seem however, that something is preventing it from running.

Glad you've found a solution.

If it does end up being your Malware or Anti-Virus program, you can always create a 'Rule' permitting full access to your system by SL, and that will bypass the restrictions.

I would avoid Lighting and Shadows for the moment.

Enabling Deferred Rendering loads a heavy, high graphics engine for viewing SL. To get it working (assuming your hardware can handle it) it's best to enable these options after the program is loaded, but before clicking 'Log In'.

TEEEEAAAAAAMVIEWER!

I HAVE heard of that problem before, yes. If memory serves, in order to use Team Viewer and Second Life together you need to use a 'Version 1' viewer, such as Phoenix, Imprudence, Singularity or Cool VL.

This will be separate to your installation of the Official Second Life viewer, and as such should be done at your own risk. I also can't be sure how much success you'll have these days, since all viewers have moved on a long way since version 1.23. It's worth a shot, though, if you want to use both services together.

Available from: Third Party Viewer Directory

Sorry that didn't come to me sooner; I assumed it being a new PC it didn't have much other than Anti-Malware/Anti-Virus/Firewall.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.