blender 2.63a and export to collada, with modifiers and shape keys...

Fizz Savira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if there are plans to improve the export to collada function to handle modifiers and shape keys on a mesh?

Currently, without that ability, I end up having to do alot of extra work to make something with shape keys (and the awesome mirror modifier) because the only way to export is to then create an editable copy (using an older version of blender, sigh) and then reconstruct the UV maps by hand (UGH).

If somebody knows of a better way to do this, I'm all ears :)

Essentially I'm trying to have a mesh that I can come up with multiple shapes from, and have those be easily exported to second life. Having to genreate UV maps after each shaping is a hugh amount of wasted work...

Thanks!

Yes, Apply Modifiers will be available with Blender 2.64, see also this post:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Blender-2-63-imported-mesh-naming-gotcha/m-p/1549669#M14597

Please note: If you are using recent blender versions from GraphicAll.org then be aware that the ApplyModifiers function currently is a work in progress and it does not provide full functionality. I believe that it works only for static meshes in the moment. But the goal is to make it fully working for Blender 2.64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.