way can't I pay my rent to linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm assuming when you say rent you mean paying rent (in Linden Dollars) for use of land or a house / skybox... in either case, that land is likely owned by someone else and you're paying rent to them to use it so they can pay LL (Linden Labs). The only way to pay 'rent' to LL is if you buy / have a premium account and purchase land that way.  LL doesn't 'rent' out parcels any other way to my knowledge.

But perhaps I misunderstood and you could clarify or someone else understands better.

Good luck!

You only pay rent directly to LL if you own mainland or a private estate.  If you rent from a private estate then you pay the estateowner, who then pays the lindens. 

You can sometimes pay private estate owners, or land owner if they are subletting to you, in Lindens, but some only take RL money.  Check your covenant or lease if subletting,  if your land is in a private estate - it should have the information in it.  If not, talk to the landlord.

If you own mainland or a private estate and you pay rent directly to the Lindens they require payment in US Dollars.  If you make money in SL you can cash your lindens in and deposit it in the US Dollar account every avi has.  They will take the rent from there first, then bill any not covered to your payment method on file.  You will be required to have payment info on file in any case so the tier is always covered regardless if you have money in your account or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.