What is a good building strategy?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am newbie starting out with this and looking at some tutorials and such on how to build.  What I am wondering about is building strategy.  I strated making my own thing and not from a tutorial and am now wondering does one...

a)  Bulid an high poly/tri model from the vert beginning and then cut it down to size for import into SL?

b)  just learn how to build low-poly from the get go?

Generally speaking I say that learning how to make good mesh with a low-poly count from the get go would be the way to go but it may depend on what program you are using.

I have never used ZBrush but from what I seen it looks like starting out with a high poly count and then cutting it down might be easier but for all other programs creating with a low-poly count to start with would probably be best.

What program are you using?  Perhaps people who use that particular program would be able to give you better advice.

I hope that helps. :D

you know, I never did way what program.  I am using Blender.  Thinks it was around 2005 or 2006, I first learned about it and started working on some model but I stopped after making a few. I started following the mesh project in SL and now am "relearning".  I just love the new interface for blender.

Perhaps starting with learning to make good model, without worrying about poly count is way to go.  Then later, start to develop a sense or "eye" for how to make them low poly.

But gawd yes, modeling is just aspect huh.  That's all I learned in my first experience with Blender, now it's textures and is very challenging.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.