Sign in to follow this  
TwinTurbo Tank

why is my screen all pink? using sl viewer updated version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

a quote from another Resident

Although it is necessary to download the last drivers for your graphics card, here is a solution which seems that works for some residents and it is worth to give a try. In Viewer 3 open Advanced Menu (Ctrl+Alt+D if you don't see it) --> Show Debug Settings --> click the down arrow and find "RenderMaxTextureIndex". Normally there you see the value 16. Set it to 0 (zero) and close the window. See if that makes any difference.

I will look for other questions, the pink problem has been reported several times.

You could revert back to the previous Viewer.

Some ATI cards have this problem. Update the drivers for your pc's graphic card.

A Link to previous Viewers.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

a quote from another Resident

Although it is necessary to download the last drivers for your graphics card, here is a solution which seems that works for some residents and it is worth to give a try. In Viewer 3 open Advanced Menu (Ctrl+Alt+D if you don't see it) --> Show Debug Settings --> click the down arrow and find "RenderMaxTextureIndex". Normally there you see the value 16. Set it to 0 (zero) and close the window. See if that makes any difference.

I will look for other questions, the pink problem has been reported several times.

You could revert back to the previous Viewer.

Some ATI cards have this problem. Update the drivers for your pc's graphic card.

A Link to previous Viewers.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes

• Like 1

Hi i just bought a acer laptop with windows7 6gb ram, radeon hd5750 graphic card.

I downloded sl viewer when i log in to sl viewer most of the screen is pink any idea whats rong with it...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.