Whenever I stream everyone says that my sound is very low, it's loud here in my apt but low in sl.

Satyriasis Sheryffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Saty,

Your sound levels are perceived at the ear of all your audience and directly affected by the various services you are using to broadcast your performance. Since this is a universally heard issue then you have to adjust your Broadcasting/Air levels to your Relay service up in volume/amplitude.

Your own sound feedback loop software and or equipment path is probably telling you that your base mixed levels sre OK.

Locate the controls for the broadcast software you are using and adjust the output levels up accordingly. If you are using SAMCast this is pretty easy to do. This is the software that you have programed the information for your relay service into.

Next, stop using your own mixer's internal performance feedback loop and use an Internet stream client capable player to hear the stream from your relay service directly. Mind you this will be 10 - 30 seconds delayed but it is an accurate indication of the levels your audience will hear. I use the VLC Player from  http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html on a 2nd PC to monitor my radio shows.

This should get you started...

Please update your post and tell us what software and equipment you are using to broadcast with. This may elicit a recommendation closer to what you need to do in your particular situation.

Specifically:

1. What Mic brand and model

2. What external Pre-amp / Mixer

3. What PC Mixer/Software 

4. What Broadcasting Software [Winamp, SAM Cast, Mixxx, Other]

5. What Relay Service [sHOUTCast, ICECast,Other ]

• Like 1

Hi Karen

Thanks very much for trying to help, if I don't get this problem resolved soon, I'm going to pull my vocal cords and eyes out. This was the best that I could find, I don't know these pc terms so I get confused very easily.

1. Mic brand is Realtek high definition audio

2. whatever a pre amp is, I'm not using one

3. Stereo Mix -realtek high defi audio

4. Winamp

5. ShoutCast

O.S. Windows 8.1

On my end I can turn it up so loud I can barely hear myself but on the receiving in, they turn their volume up full blast and I'm low, then when they go to another site, their speaks nearly blow up cause they were so high trying to hear me. Can you help me, it's really frustrating for me as singer, to my fans and club owner as well. I really really need your brain.... Thanks so much for taking the time out to help me....

Yours truly,

Saty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.