Second Life's Terms of Service Won't Load!

sephichief

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I recently made an account to Second Life. However, I'm unable to log on as when I attempt to, I'm asked to accept the Terms of Service. It's blank when I look at it and the only option I can select is 'cancel.' I tried using Phoenix, I tried clearing my internet cache and such, I even downloaded Imprudence 1.3 and logged in under "sephichief resident," but nothing seems to work. Any other ideas?

It worked! But I find myself in front of another problem: it's not just the ToS, it's just the overlay in general. When I click the 'destinations' button, for example, it's blank. Also, I use Avast! Anti-virus, and even with all of the shields disabled, it still happens.

That's the part with the difficult solution.  The problem revolves around the webkit executable "SLPlugin.exe" which is used for all HTML content in SL.  In my own case, it was bad network card drivers for my Killer Xeno card.  For others it has been virus scan modules, firewall settings, and other 3rd party software. (>_<)

My suggestion now is to login at jira.secondlife.com and search for "slplugin.exe"... Many of the entries there have individual solutions in the comments which have worked for a few people. (^_^)y

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.