Friends list and groups not loading

Tia Biscuit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I've been having bad issues with SL lately. I do not know if its my network, computer or firewall or if its SL problems.

Onces I've logged on for a while I suddenly get disconnected. Its just pops up with the dialogue that I have been disconnected from the grid and I can either view messages or quit.

When I close down SL and log back in. My friends list stays on (loading...) I can see peoples profiles but cannot IM them. I can however talk to them if they IM me. Also I have no groups. If I log in again it might be that I have friends showing up fine but still no groups.

I cannot message people, upload anything or save anything like a notecard. I get a "Unable to upload asset issue.

SL works fine for a while then this happens. I use Phoenix and Viewer 2 but I have the issue on both viewers. I've had a look at the Lag meter and I am on Green always. Also I've looked at the sim ping and it stays around 140-160.

Its making it impossible to get any work done.

Please Help.

Many thanks

Tia.

Also if I try to do anything with another person like try to pay them I get errors like this: 

Multiple SLurls were received from an untrusted browser within a short period.
They will be blocked for a few seconds for your security.

Multiple SLurls were received from an untrusted browser within a short period.They will be blocked for a few seconds for your security.

I'm using V2 when this happens.

Thank you.

ok....

reinstalled windows incase I had malware issues or something... no change....

got a new router... no change....

new network cable... no change....

......But what did seem to work was redirecting the DNS requests straight to the ISP. 

Is SL quiet heavy on the DNS requests then?

I'm talking to myself.... hmmm.... oh dear.

Tia Biscuit wrote:

......But what did seem to work was redirecting the DNS requests straight to the ISP. 

Is SL quiet heavy on the DNS requests then?

Sort of, yes. the viewer doesn't handle slow or unresponsive domain name servers very gracefully. The viewer has a bad habit of trying something once and if it times out never trying again.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Sunny.... lol bet you've solved this by now... but heres how its done:

I use windows 7, but I'm sure you can figure it out with the platform you have with google and such but heres what I have to do:

Open your router IP address in a web brower:

Search for DNS Address:
000.00.000.00 (will be actual numbers)

Next go to your: Nework Sharing Center:
Click on: Local Area Connection
Double click: Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Click Use following DNS server addresses:
Then next to: Preferred DNS server: enter the DNS Address from your router

Good luck, its a nightmare of an issue that!

Tia :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

SOLUTION: At least in firestorm.. where it says choose, home, last location, or type in sim location... type in any old thing... i chose sweethearts.... it didn't go to sweethearts because it is something else like *sweethearts* but... it did go to the local info hub... and everything loaded.. and as a previous poster said, you may have to contact your sim admin to restart their own sim.... it is THEIR glitch not yours. i hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.