Blender and MakeHuman Rigging

Miltades

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I have been trying to upload a rigged weighted mesh avatar that I first created in MakeHuman. 

At first I was unable to get the weighting correct as I decided NOT to first export the model from MakeHuman with the SL rigging.

However finding doing the weighting from scratch was very hard, thusly I decided to give up and start from scratch, using the SL rigging option in MakeHuman, which also comes weighted.

The only issue I am having now is it's WRONG. The MakeHuman model rigging is incorrect, deforming the base SL avatar and thusly pulling the rigged joined model around with it. This also happens when you pull the object into Blender, then re export it for SL, no matter the file type.

I am looking for someone who is proficient enough with Blender, who can take my file, and either FIX the rigging so once it's uploaded into SL, it doesn't deform. OR Take my file and remove the SL skeleton attached, re attach a fresh SL skeleton and make sure the weighting is done automatically. 

This model isn't totally finished yet, I am still changing the shape a little, adding small details etc, but I might be selling it eventually, so if you could PLEASE not use the exact model in your own work that would be appreciative. I am offering 2000 Lindens up front and 10% of sale on the body and any clothing I make that use the rigging you do for me.

Of course if you want to do it out of the kindness of your heart I will accept that too.

I am also having another issue, rigging, weighting asside. How do I put the model in a T pose in edit mode? I know it can be done as I did it accidentally, twice now ... Alas, I am unable to figure out how.

Also, the changes I make in edit mode, aren't showing up outside of edit mode, so in pose view, object view or just clicked on something else in the scene, the changes made in Edit mode become invisible. This is only a new issue. How do I change it?

Thank you very very much, any help is appreciated.

As I am at my witts end :matte-motes-crying:

Miltades wrote:

Hello!

Also, the changes I make in edit mode, aren't showing up outside of edit mode, so in pose view, object view or just clicked on something else in the scene, the changes made in Edit mode become invisible. This is only a new issue. How do I change it?

a very similar question is answered in blender.stackexchange:

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/16217/edit-mode-changes-not-showing-up-in-object-mode

in a nutshell: Set your pose back to rest Pose, then the armature looks the same in edit mode, pose mode and object mode.

Thank you very much for answering the last part of my question/s Gaia!

That question on Stackexchange was mine also lol, I really am floundering in the water here >.<

I'm not on the right PC with my files right now, but I'll be sure to try it out as soon as I am and let you know how I get on =D

You wouldn't know the answer to my other issues would you? Or happen to now anyone who might be able to fix up my funcky armature deforming issues?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.