Am I doing somehing wrong? please help.

Fergie Finesmith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's is something weird happening to my stuff on the marketplace. My english is really basic, so. I'll try to make it clear as possible.

I noticed that, when I'm having a really good selling week/couple of days, my stuff appears in the first result pages, and then suddenly my stuff dissapears from there, even after having a good selling day prior. I try to search my stuff and I find them in the last pages, or maybe I never find them at all. That shouldn't happen right? because if you're selling well, your stuff appears higher on the results pages.

Why does it happen? I don't get it. And that happens really often. I'm not able to recover at all from that, and then again my stuff appears in the first pages then good sales, then again dissapears, I don't sell nothing at all... .and again, and again. The sad part is that the dissapearing times are longer than the good sales ones.

Does Linden Labs controls what appears on the first result pages, dissapearing stuff from there even when they are selling well? Am I doing something wrong with my stuff? Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know! But after almost five years of selling skins on Marketplace with great results, I don't get why this is happening. This year my sales went down, almost 70%. I can't stand it! when I have 4 days in row earning just between 1 - 5 lindens per day. This year have been a nightmare talking about earning lindens.

1. How are you sorting the pages?  If you are looking that the newest items first, then yes, your items will get pushed further and further back as newer items are listed.

2. Did you have enhancements that expired and your item is no longer showing in the bonus area?

3. Are your items in the correct category?

4. Are the keywords optimized for your listing? Do not use junk keywords. If you are selling a skin, do not put 'shape' in the keywords, etc.

5. Do you use the related items section to link to other products?  If you sell clothes or make up for the skin, you should make sure you link to those as well.

We really have no way of knowing why your sales dropped, but you can try the above to see if you can boost them back up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.