Changing payment method on Market

MisterTibs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have input credit card info on Dashboard in Billing Information, and i have even purchased lindens using the card. When I go to Marketplace, and go to purchase items, it does not give me the option to pay with my Linden Balance. It only gives me three options....1) pay be credit card  2) pay with Paypal (which i do not wish to do) and 3) Pay with Krillex (whick I do not wish to do). It does not give me any option to "pay with Linden Balance". Can someone help?

3 answers to this question

Mister Tibs,

Don't worry about this.

First of all. your Account Billing Information page is not used to specify how to pay for MarketPlace purchases. It's for allowing your Payment Methods to be associated with one of 2 major payment categories:

Capture-Payment Options.PNG

So at the time you make an actual purchase in the MarketPlace you will be offered all the valid Payment Options including L$ on Hand. If you don't see the L$ on-Hand but only one of your other Payment Methods just press the blue More Payments Options Javascript link at the bottom of the short Cashier Page.

Capture-Cashier.PNG

You will get this screen:

Capture-MP-Options.jpg 

The SL L$ Balance is always displayed 1st up on top of this list.

Mr. Tibs wrote:

When buying on market place, paying by Linden balance is NOT, I repeat, NOT an option even given. There is no "payment options" javascript to click, to enable this feature. It gives me only three ways to pay, by credit card, Paypal, or Krillex (sp?).  I cannot seem to get to the portion someone has mentioned that allows me to click the "pay using Linden Balance" feature?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doing some Research:

In the meantime, please try this just in case you are using Internet Explorer and it is "Borked"...and assuming that you have L$s in your account.

Download and install Google Chrome and try the purchase once again.

If you have this same exact issue using a different Internet Browser, I'd venture a guess that you have an internal account issue: Please Submit a Support Case and/or give the Billing Office a call:

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:
•US/Canada: 800-294-1067
•France: 0805-101-490
•Germany: 0800-664-5510
•Japan: 0066-33-132-830
•Portugal: 800-814-450
•Spain: 800-300-560
•UK: 0800-048-4646
•Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save some cost)

Billing Support is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

Mr. Tibs Wrote:

Tried to purchase on marketplace, using Google Chrome as suggested, same problem as Mozilla, even after downloading the latest version of Java, yet the javascript  "More Payment Options" is not even offered, so I cannot seem to pay using my Linden Balance...this HAS to be an SL issue, versus computer issue, at least that is my opinion. Are others reporting this problem?

Not sure how to respond to an "answer" on the original question, if its even possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I think it is time to Submit a Support Case

Choose: the following options:

Capture-SC-MP-Text.PNG

and use the Windows Snipping Tool to create a .png picture of the state of your MP screen to include as an attachment.

Let us know what the folks in Support say please. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.