Looking for Partners in a Big Project - Scripters/Builders

B4rry Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I originally made a post and deleted it after finding something similar in world.  But this was nowhere near organized and I just could not even get past starting out, it was just not what I was looking for.  But they did have quite a few people there, so that leads me to beleive this will work.

So my design concept is very similar to what I had just found the name of this creation is Krafties.  It's a multiplayer pet battling system similar to pokemon, digimon, etc.  yada yada you've all heard of these games.  Well I would like to bring this to Second Life,  but I would like to make this creation challenging and worth while playing.  My design focuses on key aspects of allowing people to play consistantly, they don't need to wait hours to do something, they can do whatever they want with their creature given limitations.  Obviously the sim has got to make income and giving everyone a starter creature and everything else is the beginning to a long journey ahead of them.  I won't go in too much detail here on the complete game design.  But this is the base of the creation.  If you look up Krafties or know of Pokemon, Digimon, or even app games that have pet battling systems.  This is what we are looking at. 

Now down to the good stuff:

Who am I looking to hire and what is in it for you:

I am looking to PARTNER, not hire.  A team of individuals willing to make this work.  By being a partner, you agree to support the sim, meaning, the partners will receive a share of the total income received from the sim itself.  So the more the sim makes, the more you make as a partner.   Granted some people have harder jobs than others.  Scripting is obviously a more tasking job than building and texturing.  I will be figuring out a good share that works for everyone the team as a whole.  After finding said partners I will set up a meeting to go over the exact details and the future goals of this system.

I expect whomever I partner with to be faithful to the creation, all information obtained about the game design must stay confidential until the game is close to being released.  I expect the partner to put their share into the cost of the Sim.  This will continue to keep the sim open.  If for any reason you cannot help support the Sim that ends your % share on the project.  If you leave, you leave for good.  I plan to have this as an ongoing creation, meaning.  Things are ALWAYS changing.  New features continue to become available, new events happen, this makes for a community that lasts and challenges them to keep moving forward as a player.

What's in it for you is that I would like to allow the partners to live on the sim.  This way you're paying for something, and that's the perk of being part of this.  With the amount of partners I am looking at having, I would approximate the weekly cost per person to be L$3200/wk.  That's not a bad price at all as even I currently pay more than that in rent for the land I live in now.  The only down side is it is not private land and people will be crossing through the land you own on the ground for the purpose of the sim.  The ENTIRE sim will be used for the game.  All land given for the purpose of it being yours should be in a skybox as this will not deter people from the sim and allow you privacy of your own (flying will be disabled on sim).

That pretty much covers the bases and I don't have much time remaining to continue babbling on here, so if you have any questions, or feel you may be a fit for this partnership, please send me a Notecard regarding this forum post.  Please be as detailed as possible as to why you may qualify to be a partner in this venture.  This is a completely unique game design as it has not been brought into Second Life and I expect all builds to be uniform as the creations will be sim wide and look the part.  I have a base idea laid on on paper so when I find the appropriate interested parties a meeting will be held and we can begin our new venture.

Best Regards,

B4rry Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.