I lost items due to corrupt inventory,

Melissa Bellisserian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I contacted Second Life and they repaired my inventory and I did as they asked and still my items are not here.What next? I have premium account and have filed ticket. I contacted the seller and they stated the items were delivered on their end as soon as payment was made. Hmm no copy no redelivery? Seems a bit unfair to me. So why is it the customer takes the loss? I have lost a few things before but . Ive lost alot more and at no fault of mine. Can I do anything else short of buying again?

1 answer to this question

I'm sorry this happened to you.  While it isn't your fault, neither is it the creators.  If the item was no copy/transfer, there is no way you can prove you didn't give it to someone else or just want another copy for free.  I am NOT accusing you of this but unfortunately many creators have been victims of people that try to cheat this way enough times so they have a firm no replacement policy in these circumstances.   They may replace an item that you just bought and had a delivery failure if you contact them immediately with your transaction records.

Is it fair?  Creators are not required to replace any item that you lose.  You also would not expect a store in RL to replace items you lose or that are stolen either.

You can avoid this in the future by just buying items that are copyable.  Creators generally have no problem replacing them if you lose them, provided they still stock them.  If an item is no copy and you really like it, many creators will sell you one that is copy/no transfer if you ask politely.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.