This land sale seems too good to be true

Kayaker Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In preparation for putting my SIM up for sale, I combined all the parcels into one, marked it for sale, including the prims, and set the price to a HUGE VALUE. I chose the value to prevent someone from purchasing the parcel, since it was the SIM I wanted to sell. In fact, I set the parcel price to the ammount I hoped to get for selling the whole SIM.

Then within a day, someone purchased the parcel for that HUGE sum! Well, that's great and if she wants the SIM as well, I'll sell that to her for L$1 more since I already got the price I wanted. I wish I had a fiew minutes of warning to remove a few personal prims before they were all aquired.

But this whole transaction is bothering me. Why would someone pay so much just for a parcel? This person has not tried to contact me.  I am still the owner of the SIM and the estate manager. I checked her profile and she has been a resident for years, implying some experience here. So I'm wondering if this sale is too good to be true...

Kayaker Magic wrote:

In preparation for putting my SIM up for sale, I combined all the parcels into one, marked it for sale, including the prims, and set the price to a HUGE VALUE. I chose the value to prevent someone from purchasing the parcel, since it was the SIM I wanted to sell. In fact, I set the parcel price to the ammount I hoped to get for selling the whole SIM.

Then within a day, someone purchased the parcel for that HUGE sum! Well, that's great and if she wants the SIM as well, I'll sell that to her for L$1 more since I already got the price I wanted. I wish I had a fiew minutes of warning to remove a few personal prims before they were all aquired.

But this whole transaction is bothering me. Why would someone pay so much just for a parcel? This person has not tried to contact me.  I am still the owner of the SIM and the estate manager. I checked her profile and she has been a resident for years, implying some experience here. So I'm wondering if this sale is too good to be true...

They might have THOUGH they were buying the sim, in case the sale would be pretty straightforward. However, did you have the sale price and have a "weekly" price set to 0? If that was the case they might have thought they were buying the parcel for a one-time fee and didn't have to pay rent after that. You should be prepared to refund their money if that was the case.

In the future you should limit who a parcel can be bought by if you don't actually want the parcel to change hands unexpectedly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.