Not able to rez after terraforming

Cayleen Linette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the past month or so I've had problems with both my sim and the homestead where I live after doing even a small amount of terraforming.  I get an error messages that I can't rez objects that have previously caused problems in the region.  If I log out and come back it gives me that error message for everything I'm wearing.  A restart corrects it but we shouldn't have to resort to that.  Is anyone else having this problem and/or do you know if LL is doing anything to address it?

Cayleen Linette wrote:

Over the past month or so I've had problems with both my sim and the homestead where I live after doing even a small amount of terraforming.  I get an error messages that I can't rez objects that have previously caused problems in the region.  If I log out and come back it gives me that error message for everything I'm wearing.  A restart corrects it but we shouldn't have to resort to that.  Is anyone else having this problem and/or do you know if LL is doing anything to address it?

Are you just using the viewer to terraform or are you using a specialized terraformer object/script? What you're seeing is a symptom of the region running out of memory and terraforming objects can cause that. Since the new physics system that was installed when Pathfinding rolled out, the way the land is modeled is quite a bit different than how it was when terraforming objects were made.

I'm doing standard 'old fashioned' terraforming - while I do use a land leveler at times to establish a specific land height the majority of what I do is using the viewer land tools.  The work I did last night (which was not extensive) was done using only the land tools in the viewer.  I've done entire sims in the past without this happening so am curious as to what is broken and how soon it will be fixed.

Cayleen Linette wrote:

I'm doing standard 'old fashioned' terraforming - while I do use a land leveler at times to establish a specific land height the majority of what I do is using the viewer land tools.  The work I did last night (which was not extensive) was done using only the land tools in the viewer.  I've done entire sims in the past without this happening so am curious as to what is broken and how soon it will be fixed.

See this JIRA:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-772

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.