Missing inventory & cloud avatar

JenniferOConnell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Starting this morning, US time, my avatar is the roiling Firestorm cloud and much of my inventory is missing. I followed the advice at Firestorm about clearing my inventory cache and when I came back not only was the inventory missing but the count went down by around 1700 items. I'm using FS 64-bit 4.6.9.42974. Also, after about five or ten minutes, I haven't timed it, I get kicked off with a message about the region having a problem.

Prior to clearing the inventory cache I was able to go from cloud to avatar by removing the bald cap I was wearing, but my avatar never fully filled in but remained gray until I was kicked off. That doesn't work anymore, I just get an error box saying there's nothing there to take off or put on. 

At least one of my friends has had the same problem. She could see me and I could see her but we each appeared as clouds to ourselves. Not sure of the state of her inventory.

UPDATE: I tried moving away from the sim but all that does is get me logged out of SL.

UPDATE #2: I logged in with my other account rezzed fine. I teleported to the Jen O'Connell account's home and still good. As soon as I tried to change out my eyes, which were mysteriously not the ones I should have been wearing, nothing happened. I went to TP elsewhere and was logged out. It's not a problem with the Jen account, it appears. The sim is Piazza del Mare, by the way.

FINAL UPDATE: Thank you both. I got an IM from someone inworld, too, and logged in specifying another region. Lo! My inventory and avatar came back. The problem seems to have cleared up now.

3 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.