Skybox has no collision, help?

Vamie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i made a skybox in maya and when i upload it to secondlife i cannot walk through it even though there is an opening on one side, so i rezzed it again but this time by my feet and i was inside it, the problem is once inside i can walk through the walls and when i do this i cant walk back in.

Is there any way to add collision to my skybox once inside?

i have rezzed other skyboxes inworld and once inside they work fine, i cant walk through walls but my own made skybox does not have collision

heres a pic

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/827/pic6je.png

• 2 weeks later...

if, you select edit, when you click on the box,  ( that will usually bring up the edit menu ) you will probably  have the position mover highlighted.., below that section is the " general, object,features,texture,content" bar..

select object..

you get the edit object parameters menu.

select phantom. now you will not collide with any part of your box..

now you will be able to enter your box and leave it.. even through the walls..

That may be a problem for you, since it negates security..  there are options to deal with that.. but what i give here, will at least allow you to pursue those.. now you can get in and out of your box..

If you want to play, with those possibilities, create a box of your own..  then see what you would like the box  to do.. using the edit object parameters.. without altering anything on your skybox..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.