Mesh Building problem...invisible obstruction?

Slip Barrett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've been testing a mesh build that is being worked on which is a building. the problem is, there's an invsible dome over the entire build. When I try to walk into the building, I walk up over the top of it and can't walk through the actual building. Anyone know what is causing this?

If you have nominated a physical shape, either custom or by using an existing LOD, it will rez with a physics shape of a Convex Hull.

To fix the problem you need to Right click the model > Edit > Feature tab and change 'Convex Hull' to 'Prim' in the drop down menu.

Why it defaults as a convex hull I have no idea, not only is it impractical, its misleading as when you change it to Prim, the PE is raised in most cases.

As York says. The importer always makes a single default convex hull for each model in an upload. If yiyu do not explicitly provide a physics shape, this is the only available alternative to "None". If you do provide a physics shape, whether it is a triangle based mesh or a decomposition ("Analyse"), then that will be usable by choosing "Prim" physics type. If you provide the shape, ypou can switch between that and the default single convex hull by choosing "Prim" or "Convex Hull".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.