Mesh Not Uploading Properly

Damarik Dragoone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, this has probably been asked before, and granted, I'm new at this whole Mesh Nonsense...but here's my query.

I have created an object in-world for export to Blender. In Blender, I join all of the pieces together and export it back out to a Collada file. When uploading into SL, only 2 of the joined pieces in the Mesh show up in the preview, and the uploader completely ignores the rest of the build.

Can someone explain to me, in simple terms, why this is happening? It doesn't happen all the time...but it's more frequent than the uploader showing me the full object in the preview.

Sounds like too many materials. If you have more than 8, the uploader simply discards all polys with the 9th and higher materials, without giving any error message. Look at the materials list in Blender (see picture) and count them, not forgetting to scroll. If there are more than 8, you need to select groups of mesh faces and then click the Assign button (edit mode only) until there are on;y 8 assigned. Then you can remove the rest (blue ring), although that shouldn't matter. If reducing the number of materials means you can't texture as many SL faces independently as you need to, then you will have to do the joining into more than one objects, as you can only have 8 materials per object.

mlist.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.