ASCii letters replaced by boxes

Izarix Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No matter which viewer I use some of the gestures I have or have seen used have boxes in them where letters should be. I was told it was because I am missing languages, but I don't know how to tell what I'm missing to fix it. I only have this problem on second life. No other sites or games I use have a problem like this. I'm using Windows 8.1 if that helps. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2 answers to this question

the system usually converts those odd letters as wierd boxes with the ASCII code...but that is a decoding error..

about gestures in general (some will hae errors) like a sound error, a letter/symbol error- there are time where haf my gestures will not load at all 

When u have gestures with sound (the sound file will be messed up - and screws up with the sound explorer in SL)

and about the comment about u having this issue ONLY in secondlife...well secondlife is the only game u can play gestures in- so Secondlife is a way more complicated "game"- its very sophicated in its entirety!

About th eissues with window 8.1- ALOT of people are having issues with that today....espcially if u are in the nbew 64 bit viewer with phoneix/firestorm viewer!

Take a dee breath and just reload/reactivate ur gestures!

P.s. having too many gesures lags u any ways- so try disactivating some gestures you dont really use and activate your favorite ones!

I hope that helps

I was just wondering if it actualy was a missing language issue because my vista laptop and my 8.1 desktop have the same problem. It's not just gestures certain display names have the boxes in them where letters should be.
I'm on the 4.4.2 firestorm right now I tried the beta it didn't go over to well.. All the viewers I've used in my years on sl have had the boxes for some letters.
I get the sound part I've had to play gestures a couple times to get the sounds to work right, but I'm more concerned about the letters missing. My husband has the same problem on his windows 7 desktop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.