Mesh flow and Sizing - ZBrush Blender Avastar

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made this rudamentory coat based on my in world Avatar's shape I exported.  Basically painted on a mask, extracted it, blew it up some and rigged it.  It fits my shape ok and fits the Avastar as well.  When i brought it in world its way to small with 70% of his body showing through.  How do you go about sizing items?  Some images so you can see what I'm seeing .

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 12.52.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 12.50.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-25 at 12.48.01 PM.png

The shape of the Avastar character and the corresponding Shape of your Avatar in SL are identical (well, almost identical to be precise). Hence if you see any deviation above 1%  then something must go seriously wrong.

In general everything should run smooth if following conditions apply:

1. The shape used in SL has been exported as XML file
  2. The XML file has been imported to an Avastar character
  3. The mesh garment fits precisely on the Avastar character
  4. The mesh has been exported with the Avastar collada exporter

If you still get stuck, please feel free to send me the blend file for inspection. I will either find the bug in Avastar or the missing link in the documentation.

-gaia-

Gaia Clary wrote:

The shape of the Avastar character and the corresponding Shape of your Avatar in SL are identical (well, almost identical to be precise). Hence if you see any deviation above 1%  then something must go seriously wrong.

In general everything should run smooth if following conditions apply:

1. The shape used in SL has been exported as XML file
  2. The XML file has been imported to an Avastar character
  3. The mesh garment fits precisely on the Avastar character
  4. The mesh has been exported with the Avastar collada exporter

If you still get stuck, please feel free to send me the blend file for inspection. I will either find the bug in Avastar or the missing link in the documentation.

-gaia-

Thank you.  More likley my fault than a bug being new to it all.   Re doing the work one more time.  When i did the modeling of the coat in Zbrush and imported into Blender, the coat seemed to fit the default Avastar fine so I didnt import my shape into Avastar.  I did use the Avastar collada exporter and then straight to SL.  Blender 2.68  Avastar 1.0.873.

NealCrz wrote:

When i did the modeling of the coat in Zbrush and imported into Blender, the coat seemed to fit the default Avastar fine so I didnt import my shape into Avastar.  I did use the Avastar collada exporter and then straight to SL.  Blender 2.68  Avastar 1.0.873.

When your coat fits to the default Avastar character, then it would also fit to the default Shape in SL. If you try to wear this mesh on your own SL Shape then this will probably result in poke through areas.

So you really should first import your SL shape to Avastar, then fit the mesh to the shape in Blender. Then the exported garment should fit precisely to your SL shape.

Your approach (fit the mesh to the default Avastar) will only work in the rare case where your shape in SL has only modified the length of the bones. But in almost every case your SL shape also used Morph sliders (Sliders which change the mesh volume without affecting the bone lengths).

btw: These morph sliders are the main reason why fitting garment to arbitrary SL shapes won't work. And i believe that the Mesh deformer project is (was?) an attempt to solve this particular issue.

I am not sure what an Avastar OBJ for ZBrush could be. Are you asking for some sort of reference object ?

Actually i think that either you found a bug or a lack of documentation. btw, we fixed 3 bugs and we improved some workflows since Avastar 1.0 only due to inspecting user reports. So...

Not that i want to ask for more work, but it may be beneficial to take a look at your issue as well :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.