Issues with crashing, graphics card not being read, and chat calls being dropped.

Jayrenn Sugarplum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have a new laptop, Just got it yesterday. I am using Second Life Viewer 3.6.3

Specs :

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (2394.46 MHz)
Memory: 16302 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 770M/PCIe/SSE2

First problem upon using SL for the first time on this was that it didn't recognize my graphics card, I got a notice that it wasn't recognizing it and that some of my preferances would need to be adjusted and that the problem is probably because this graphics card hasn't been tested with Second Life yet.

Second problem, I signed in and I looked at my preferances, advanced graphics options were all greyed out. I couldn't use shaders, ambient occlusion, or DOF etc.

* I fixed these above problems by replacing the gpu_table. *

Thirdly, I am crashing. I have crashed probably about 8 times yesterday, and again twice today before giving up on SL.

Fourth problem, upon logging in after a crash, my friend's mesh clothes were all textured in colorful swirls/blobs and not rezzing the textures properly. This was fixed upon relogging and hasn't repeated since.

Lastly calls are failing, I was talking to a friend and we'd be just chatting when suddenly neither of us can hear eachother and we try to redo the call, but it doesn't work. Relogging allows us to connect a call again, which drops again shortly after.

If anyone has any advice of what could cause this I would be very appreciative! Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.