I down loaded the new viewer and it keeps giving error message about the plug ins can't be opened?

SamReed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello,

first go to this page and (if you not already did) enter your date of birth: https://secondlife.com/my/account/index.php?

Then in the Second Life viewer go to preferences (either via the menu Me-> Preferences or with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+P) and under "General" select from the "I want to access content rated" the maturity rating that you like.

For the plugins please check if they ('slplugin.exe' and 'SLVoice.exe') are whitelisted in your antivirus and firewall software, and make sure you have Adobe Flash installed (not the browser version in Internet Explorer).

Hello,

you can not change it if you did it already at the time of registration.

If you're over 18, then go to the Second Life viewer preferences (either via the menu Me-> Preferences or with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+P) and under "General" select from the "I want to access content rated" the maturity rating that you like.

Also note, that the Second Life marketplace has a separate maturity setting, you can change that directly through the dropdown next to the search field.

Hello,

We are all only residents like you in this forum.

It seems you filled in the incorrect age at registration.

You can contact support at http://support.secondlife.com/contact-support and explain your situation and ask them nicely to update your date of birth, because it seems to be set to an incorrect date.

Maybe they will ask you to identify yourself via a scan of an ID.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.