Corrupted avatar

Tomm Nexen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

screen_last.jpgMy avatar seems to be corrupted, half my neck is invisible as if I had a sticker on it, and I tried rebaking, clearing cache, checking if it was an invisible prim, I erased phoenix and installed it again nothing worked, and the weird thing is, my alt also has the same thing, so aparently it´s not my avatar´s account, what could it be?? I don´t really know what to try anymore, thanks in advance.

Yes I updated the drivers and nothing worked, it does look better but I zoomed on the image it`s why it looks like that.

3 answers to this question

Hello Tomm, it would be very helpful if you could post a picture or two so we get a better idea. In the meantime, you may want to have a look at this thread reporting a neck issue too:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Line-around-avatar-s-neck/m-p/1596789#M21048

Click Options, Edit to add pictures and/or text to your post (at the top right corner of your question.)

Thanks for adding the picture. Looks more like a graphics card problem than a viewer one as the whole avatar looks pixellated on this pic and it looks like antaliasing is not enabled. Someone in the thread I posted before mentioned that these issues seem to affect mostly people using Nvidia. See if any update drivers are available (the advice goes too if you have ATI or Intel). Try also using a V3 based viewer such as SL's official one or Firestorm instead of Phoenix (which is V1 based). Read carefully the advices given in the thread. There are also links to JIRAs that will interest you. You may add your comments reporting your issue.

Greetings, Tomm

I would suggest you check if you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.

Also, does your Second Life look like it does in that screenshot - ie, jaggedy edges round your avatars and objects?  It should look better than that. Or is that just how it uploaded with this forum software?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.