Second life on steam question

Kitteon Kattun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Russ Moonites wrote:

Ive been a member of SL for a very long time longer than this profile dates. But i won't get into that.

Good, because it's irrelevant.

I think mainly because there is SOOOOOO MUCH USER CONTENT and that there are COUNTLESS NUMBERS OF ADULT PRODUCTS made by users that this game should be Rated A for Adults. 

Rating it T for teen just doesn't seem to be a good rating weither linden labs created adult content or not. They did not stop the making of adult products. 

There has also been a more than reasonable effort to keep that content segregated into Adults Only areas of the game. Furthermore, nothing in the ESRB ratings guidelines seems to indicate that a publisher has any obligation to stop the user creation of adult content. They simply don't rate it, and require the publisher to post a notice of unrated user content on the package and at sign-in. If you can make a showing that the overwhelming majority of content that users are likely to encounter in Second Life is Adult content, you would have a good case for rating the game Adult. In reality, exactly the opposite is the case. The vast majority of the content present on the non-zindra regions, and thus the majority of the grid, is not, in fact, Adult content.  Sure, I dont doubt there are scatterings of it where it shouldn't be. I've encountered it myself. But I have spent a LOT of time over the years exploring the grids North, South East and West and very rarely have I encountered anything but what could be considered General or Moderate. 

I think it should be rated as adult as well. Not necessarily because of the content that is created by users...since ESRB doesn't rate that, but simply for the fact that there are defined grid types of PG, Mature and Adult. If they were all just "grids" with no ratings within SL itself, then I would say, sure Teen fits the bill, because the rest is all user created. But by SL providing Adult specific areas to go and based on their own definition may contain sexual material suited for those over 18 years of age, that right there should limit it to adults. That...or get two ratings with two access levels...one for teens and one for adults...but that will never happen...it will just be one. I just don't see how they will overlook the fact that SL provides their own Adult rated grids...but then not expect an adult rating for the game in general.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.