Help! All my Viewers crashing!

Tegan Thistle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been using Phoenix for years without any problem. But I tried to download firestorm yesterday, upon trying to log into firestorm I had an issue, it would crash when I try to log in or go into preferences every single time, so I gave up, uninstalled and tried to log into phoenix again like I always do and now whenever logging in it get to "processing response" crashes or when I try to save any changes to preferences. I have restarted my computer already. Can anyone help me? Im sorry I'm not the best with technical things but I will do my best to follow any instructions you can give me :)

EDIT: Here is my system spec: 

Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 3, Intel Core 2 Duo. 3GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS - Drivers are all up to date.

EDIT:

Just to make you aware this is now resolved, thank you Echo for all your help! I did a clean reinstall and it seemed to fix it.

2 answers to this question

Firstly check that the drivers for your graphics card are up-to-date. See if that makes any difference.

If you've been accessing Second Life for years with no problems, and on the same computer, it might also be useful if you post your full computer specifications here. 

It might just be a case of too much load for your computer, and you may fare better using one of the other approved third party viewers such as Exodus, or Cool viewer. 

Other responses will follow. Please keep checking back.

• Like 2

Forgive delay in responding to your added system specifications; I went away from keyboard for quite a while.

Your system specs look perfectly fine, and the only two reasons I can think of that could cause you to have this particular issue are connection problems and general wear and tear of your computer.

However, I am not confident about my answer, and I am hoping that my response will bump this thread back up into view to the late-shift techies who are in the know on these forums.

Editing to add:

Just thinking that if this issue of crashing has started after you downloaded another piece of software, is it possible that your computer is getting full.  Do you do basic maintenance, such as disk cleanup and defragmentation?  Another possible reason for your current issue. Again, sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.