3D Texturing in Photoshop CS5 Question

Candace Bethune

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

SLers! I wonder if anyone has advice about how to do a thing I am having trouble with. I am working on the Female UV Model with Skirt in the 3D tools, and I have been trying and trying to figure out if there is a way to make a selection that crosses from the Top layer to the skirt layer that can then be filled with a pattern. I can make the selection in either the "Top Material" or the "Skirt Material" but I cannot figure out how to make a selection ON the 3D model, and am not even sure it's possible. It seems like it should be possible, since this is what the 3D tools are really good for.

Have I made my question clear enoguh? Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I actually was looking for this too but then I have found just some tuts on youtube (you can search there too)

in those tuts I saw that mostly all should be done by eye on the tamplate and then just checked and edited in small details in 3D view. since when you look on 3d model and work ON it (I did that) the texture or print loses quality really a lot when you check it on the tamplate... hope it is clear enough, if not forgive me my English =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.