Being logged out of second life

Storm Darkspider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I took that tracert, can anyone please figure out if i have a problem with my network and second life logs me out after a few minutes?I have contact to my ISP ten times and they tell me that they can t see anything wrong with my connection! I sent a ticket to LL but iam not premium member so they didn t help me.

2 answers to this question

Hello Storm Darkspider.

From the picture you paste here, I assume you are Greek.

Therefore your internet connection has nothing to do with the rest of the secondlife users. It is simply low.

If you are using what is called a stick connection in Greece ( a mobile connection) then things are worst!

I suggest you upgrate to what they call a 24Mbps connection in OTE (internet provider) even if in the best case it is hardly providing 11Mbps.

Until you do that, open your Secondlife viewer but DONT try to log in.

Look to the top left side of your SL screen and you will see there it says  "me"    - "help"  - "debug"

Select "me"  and then preferences.

Go to the second option on the left called Graphicks and click that. It will pop a new interface in the right side.

There put the bar in the minimum scale ("low") and click APPLY to the bottom of that menu and then log in to Secondlife.

The results will be poor, but you will be able to "survive"

In secondlife , as in every server that provides online services there is a fenomenon called LAG.

With a few words if your FPS (Frames per picture) are lower than 30 then you have a problem.

The human eye cannot "see" the lag when FPS are higher than 30.

Cheers beethros Karas :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the community will excuse my Greek after this paragraph, since there isnt a special category for Greek Language.

Γεια σου φίλε/η

Με λίγα λόγια αγόρασε μια καλύτερη σύνδεση! Πάντα ΟΤΕ, απλά γιατι ο ΟΤΕ σαμποτάρει τους υπόλοιπους και έτσι υποτίθεται οτι είναι ο καλύτερος.

Αν έχεις την άνεση να πάρεις οπτικές ίνες, Πάρ τες!  Πάνε μεχρι 50Mbps (Υποτίθεται) οπότε είναι οτι το καλύτερο.

Τωρα, οσο για το παρόν, απλά μείωσε τα graphicks στα preferences ακολουθώντας τις οδηγίες στα Αγγλικα. Μπορεί και να αντέχεις το medium, αλλά πρώτα δοκίμασε το "low"

Εύχομαι να τα ξεπεράσεις όλα αυτά και να χαρείς την.... Δεύτερη ζωή!

(Υ.Γ. Φαντάσου τι έχουμε τραβήξει οι υπόλοιποι Έλληνες που είμαστε εδ'ω απο πολύ παλιά! ) :matte-motes-shocked:

Στην διάθεση σου για περισσότερες πληροφορίες όποτε θέλεις!

Μπίθρος Καράς (beethros Karas)

• Like 1

Καλησπέρα!Forthnet έχω 24 Μbps υποτίθεται. Από μεριά της η Forthnet δεν παραδέχεται ότι έχει πρόβλημα γιατί το latecy βρίσκεται 7 hops μετά τον τελευταίο πόρο δικού τους δικτύου και είναι εκτός των αρμοδιοτήτων τους. Είμαι 6 χρόνια στο SL, έχω forthnet 1,5 χρόνο, έμπαινα κανονικά και εδώ και μια βδομάδα είναι αδύνατων να μείνω συνδεδεμένη πάνω από μερικά λεπτά.Φρίκη!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.