Rigged Mesh hiding prims when attached!

kari1sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am making a pair of rigged feet but the nails go missing when I attach the feet or foot.

All looks fine in Blender (V2.71).
I attach it to my avatar skeleton (using avatar.blend or Skeleton.Female.blend – it doesn't matter)
using “Set to Parent with automatic Weights”.
And export it as a dae with presets;
Selection only : 'it's tidy but I've also exported it all - it doesn't matter,
Include children : I've used nails nested into each foot (5prims in 1) or all as independent (6 prims) – it doesn't matter.
Armature Option Export for Opensim (for testing).
I import using FireStorm or Cool Viewer – it doesn't matter.
Leaving the LoD at “High” (7072 triangles and 3950 vertices)
Set the Physics LoD “Lowest”, Analyze (Results : Triangles N/A, Vertices 395, Hulls 74)
For Upload Options I leave the scale alone (1=1 Dimesions 0.186 X0.065X0.170)
and, of course “Include skin weight”

It pops into my Inventory.
I attach it to the default position (left hand) or a foot – it doesn't matter – some of the prims (nails) are not visible!

I can't edit the attached, but I can see that it has the right number of prims and, using “Edit Linked” I can step through each prim and see that it is there (Object size & position looks right) . Checking textures, I see none are transparent (just to be sure, Ctk&Alt&T doesn't reveal them either).
When I rez the mesh on the ground, I can see all the prims and can change their color. Then when attached, the visible nails retain the color but the hidden nails remains hidden.

To fill these “nail gaps” I've put two or three identical prims in the same position - I've loaded up the toes three-fold (15 nails per foot) but still the nails are hidden!
And, I've placed copies of the nails that work into the position(s) of the hidden prims – either in Blender before export or rezzed in the ground after import. But, when attached, these “proven prims” are hidden.
It's as if the position (not the prim) was “toxic”.

I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions?
BTW - I'm new to Blender.

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.