using stylemode with your own clothes?

AdamAMartin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

like i said , i just got myself the deluxe body avatar of the shops store and mesh head from their store too but i couldnt figure out how to use the style mode .. i know its explained in their notecard but its not helping me . 

my question is 

can i wear my own mesh / not mesh clothes on that mesh avatar i made myself?

i have a lot of tattoos , facial hair , hairbases and clothes that are not mesh and when i try to wear them well i cant see them and i am guessing its because of the mesh head .. is there a way to use all the unmesh items on the style mode?

If you are talking about things that are system layers, you have to get the designer kit and make the installers for them. They mesh body covers the default so anything you put on it won't be seen. You can wear regular mesh clothes. I'm not sure about the heads since I really have no interest in them and haven't researched them.

Basically, once you get the designer kit, you have to rez out the installer then log in to the TMP website. Then you have to name your outfit and enter your UUID's for what you made. After you do that, you can then use your intaller you just created to install the links from the Style Hud to the textures you just loaded into the TMP server.

If you are using premade templates to make your stuff, be sure you won't be violating the EULA of the templates or textures by uploading them into the TMP server as well.

Good Luck

Stylemode is for loadng appliers on your mesh project body and adjusting textures on any boutique clothing you have bought.

The opening post is very unclear what it is asking.. but system clothes hairbases etc all go on the base avatar and will be alphaed out and invisible when using a mesh body.

when you click on the help from the TMP itself it would be clear only CREATORS can sign up for adjusting their clothes so the answer is short : no you can not use the things you have already.

the male body is still in beta, and only god knows how long they milk that out ... 10K before you have a full base ....without clothes or add ons

Alwin Alcott wrote:

when you click on the help from the TMP itself it would be clear only CREATORS can sign up for adjusting their clothes so the answer is short : no you can not use the things you have already.

the male body is still in beta, and only god knows how long they milk that out ... 10K before you have a full base ....without clothes or add ons

I have the male body.. i refused to get the head. As a creator myself I will NOT make TMP templates unless specifically asked for them. I don't like the idea of uploading my creations to a server that i know nothing about the people who run it. At least LL is an actual business that could be taken to court for violations.. Who knows who runs TMP.

They were quite shady in how their appliers would work. Every other applier system out there uses inworld items, not out of system servers. Aside from that, if you make an applier for yourself and decide it is sellable you had better have made a copy before using it, as they can only be used once.

Their own clothing HUD is ridiculous. I have $125 sitting in it that i cant spend, nor will i buy another $250 just to buy something else. It is not right that i cant get my money out.

Not only that, but....if you are using purchased templates and/or textures, it could be a violation of the EULA for those to load it to the TMP website.

And, as has happened, when the website goes down, you're stuck in what you have on. What's going to happen if they decide to close up shop? You'll be stuck with a body you can do nothing with.

I'm with you in that I don't do TMP unless specifically asked for them. They have all those UUID's on their servers. An unscrupulous peron could use them to create clothing inside SL if they so desired. They may claim everyone is trust worthy, but seem to me the old Emerald viewer team claimed the same and you know what happened there.

It is a new mesh male avatar in town, and I just bought one for my alt.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NIRAMYTH-AESTHETIC-SMITH-PACKAGE-10/7037604

It is also a southern europe looking avatar by the same creator. Italian maybe...

I don't normally buy without testing a demo first. But this creator has such a long history in SL, and very good fantasy avatars, so I thought, how bad can it be? I am still numb from paying 10 000 L for the TMP on another avatar, heh.

He is very muscular even in the XS size provided. I took in the shoulders and tinkered a bit with the shape, making him a bit smaller, but let us face it, he is not going to be skinny. 

The creator pack included makes this guy a great avatar since you can make stuff like the Original poster asked for. No need to apply for kits, no long process while waiting. The clothes that are included is really well made, the facial hairs should be enough for the most, the eyebrows a bit too similar. I could wish there was a few more straight ones.

But it is cheap compared to TMP, 2750 L. It is about the same price as Tellaq mesh avatars, but this avatar has an alpha HUD that opens for the possibility of wearing at least some mesh clothes. Plus that there is already other content made for him on the Marketplace. And you can make your own. It is also an Omega relay ready for the clothing.

All this avatar lacks is a demo. :matte-motes-crying:. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.