this again?

Atrabilious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

yea im sure youve seen this thread a million and a half times so im going to be very brief. I met an nice girl in the game but she wants help upgrading her clothes etc. I will most likely end up spending my own lindens if things work out. I want to know where I can get her nice gift skins ( got her the one at al vulo but would love to check out something else ) also, stores that offer gifts like clothes and shoes. She is currently wearing bling heels and would like to rememdy this as soon as possible, I would even gift her the shoes but I simply dont know enough about these things. She kind of new and sort of oblivious to things like editing etc but im teaching her. So if you kind people could point me in the direction of some nice group gifts for a regular SL default body, that would be very nice. Thank you for your time. ( already got her the mayfly eyes for free and the al vulo skin, but would like to see her with another choice in skins )

Essode has a good quality group gift.  I think the group is free to jion but I'm not certian.

Pink Fuel has a nice Newbie skin for avatars less thn 30 days old.

Try KC Couture for free shores.  Their groups is either free or very cheap to join. 

Another good resource is Freebirds, found in world.  You can also keep up with good qualty free and chreap fashion with blogs like FabFree.

The fastest way to shop is on Marketplace. Put in the name of the thing you want - complete avatar, skin, hair, whatever - then Filter for Best Rated & Lowest Price. If you get too many Demos when you filter from Lowest Priced, set your price range from $L 1 to $L 50. You can also search on "promo" and "promotional" to find good items.

The best items will likely come from Group Gifts at quality stores. Fab Free has nice gifts inworld too. If you Search inworld for "Skins", for instance, a bunch of shops will come up that sell skins. Sort by traffic & go down the list. You can tell when you TP over & walk into a store if they sell quality stuff or not. If they do, look for group gifts & hunts, join their group & pick up the best items.

A good skin is very important, but is also a matter of personal taste. A few skins shops that have good group freebies are: Heaven's Gate Neo (soft, Japanese Anime-type skins), 7 Deadly S(k)ins (nice, usually Caucasian skins), Lumae (nice, usually Caucasian skins & 4 great freebie sets for men).

Good free hair:  Amacci, Truth, EMO-tions, Hair Mall.

Eyes: Amacci and by Snow. (look for tiny red veins in the whites of eyes for more realism.)

Clothes - figure out what kind she like first, then look on Marketplace, & inworld for group gifts & hunt prizes. Most clothing stores have promo items & free stuff for female avatars. Sticking with quality clothing is the real problem, not quantity. Look for details in textures like finished edges, realistic wrinkles & shading. When buying mesh clothes, always try the free demo first.

YS&YS Has usually a nice skin as a group gift. The group is free to join.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/13353 (In their marketplace page you will see their inworld SLUR)

Deesses skins has too  beautiful skins as a group gift, and to join the group is also free

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/No%20Comment/109/146/22

I'll keep thinking and I'll post whathever interesting, for free stuff I can find or remember. Anyhow, I think that the biggest problem you can have to help her dress her av for free has to be the mesh feet. And currently, most nice footwear is designed for mesh feet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.