there is a white mark under my avatars eye. HELP!!

Cecilia Pallis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i am having trouble trying to get rid of this white mark under my avatars eye. i believe it's part of her eye but i can't seem to fix this. i have worn this shape/skin before and never had this problem. i haven't trid to mod the shape yet but i wasn't sure if that would even work. thanks in advance!! by the way, it gets worse when she move her eyes from left to right.avas eye_001.png

Does the problem remain if you change eyes? If not, then the eyes you are wearing on this picture  must be the problem.

Otherwise, you may try modifying your appearance. To avoid any unhappy manipulation on your avatar, first save your appearance. Go to "edit appearance" and "save oufit" on the bottom left window. Name it in a way you can easily remember. It will create a subfolder in your clothing outfit were your currentl shape, skin, eyes etc will be saved). Then you can play with the appearance editor to see if you can make this white mark disappear (maybe modifying eyes and/or cheekbones).

If you are happy with the result, save your new appearance. If not, revert to the previous one wearing the items in the subfolder I suggested above.

I think you are right, I bet that's prim eyes. The quick solution is to take off the prims and just keep the system eyes that should have the same pattern. If it's included system eyes.

Editing prim eyes can be a bit tricky. I found it was best if the creator supplied different sizes. If not, Phoenix viewer allowed me to type in the size under editing the eyes. It means that when one eye had perfect size, I just typed in the same size for the other eye. Same with the placement, I moved my eyes up a slight bit.

If it turns out, as is pointed out before, to be a prim eye showing through the skin, and you can't get another size or fix it by adjusting the eye, you can try to adjust the eye depth slider on your shape to see if you can fix the problem that way.

[EDIT] It has already been said, so feel free to ignore this...

- Luc -

Hi Luc! It could be any of the possibilites suggested but if you refer to this link http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/Bug-eyed-AVs/qaq-p/873781/comment-id/2485, it looks very similar, although this was a more extreme example of what is affecting the OP in this thread. Click the permalink under the Answered post and the OP confirmed clearing cache fixed the issue.

Hiya Nyll.  I was mostly trying to think of things that had not been suggested, realizing to late that what I came up with was already posted. I wasn't aware of the post you link to. It does look very similar. More extreme as you say, but similar. Those caches are causing a lot of issues, huh?

- Luc -

Bree Giffen wrote:

I just switched to a new viewer (Kirsten's) and I got this too. I adjusted one of the eye shaping sliders to get rid of it but I think I'll try the cache clear.

I had the same thing a while back when I also switched to Kirstens, and once I had cleared the cache and then saved the first change to my shape it cleared up. Kinda spooky, and really bad when you smile lol. Adjusting the AV details slider may also help.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing with me with kirsten's. I thought i'm the only one who's getting that glitch. I'm not using a prim eye and i only see this problem in kirsten's.  

Everytime i log i always have this holes in my eye bugs then i'ts going away after  awhile or teleport to another place. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.