my AO's wont work!

AdunaLuna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As Jennifer said, you may be in no-script land. Check the top of your screen for what looks kind of like a piece of paper, with a circle around it and a line through it. That means the land you're in won't let you run scripts, so no HUD's will work, and neither will any scripted attachments. Teleport somewhere else and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Also check whether you have another, competing, AO active.

The ZHAO I guess you mean for example conflicts with the OC subbie hud (which includes its own walking animations at a higher priority), as well as some (many?) dancing huds.

First try to disable all other huds and aos, then see if the one you want works. When it does, enable the others you want one by one until it no longer works and you've found the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...

Best guess is no script land. You need to attach your AO on a land that allows to run scripts. The no script zones go from ground to approx 75m so you can fly up to "start" your AO - once its running it will continue to run even in no script zones.

There can only be one! AO I mean :) So multiple AO's (beware of shoes and other stuff with built in AO) will block each other.

Some TPV's like Firestorm have a viewer built in AO. Not affected by no script zones but can be overridden by other worn AO's of course.

Some AOs work better than others, and may fail, perhaps temporarily, even if scripting is allowed where you are.

Sometimes it helps to reset the scripts in it. Try rightclicking the AO, select edit to open it in edit mode. Then go to the Build->Scripts->Reset scripts (I think this is what it sayse, but I don't remember atm). This should reset the scripts in you AO and force them to load again. Perhaps it will help. Perhaps it won't...

- Luc -

• 1 year later...

Okay this is very  odd.. My Ao's won't work. Go Figure! I've tried everything attaching and reattaching..Reseting scripts,I'm not even in a no script sim;and nothing. This is for several of them..  It also does not let me even click on them TO turn them on.. I have no idea what's going on.                Someone please help!

• 8 months later...

Caitlin Debbel wrote:

Okay this is very  odd.. My Ao's won't work. Go Figure! I've tried everything attaching and reattaching..Reseting scripts,I'm not even in a no script sim;and nothing. This is for several of them..  It also does not let me even click on them TO turn them on.. I have no idea what's going on.                Someone please help!

Same problem - message comes up,        could not find animation 'ST PG-09 AKEYO'

when I teleport to dance place, all is jerky and I cannot dance with partner

EDIT: Added screenshot of Akeyo's AO.

Edit the AO and see if that animation is in the contents and spelled EXACTLY the same way - including number of spaces, capitals, etc...

AKEYO AOs have no notecard, so if you're using their AO - go into the setup mode, hit configuration, and it should spam your chat window with a list of all your animations and a number.

AKEYO_AO.jpg

You then use in chat something like:

/99 23

To bring up a popup window to modify how it uses animation 23.

I think th AO might also have some reload options to force it to rescan all your animations. You can also trigger this by dropping a new animation into it or taking one out that is in it.

(AKEYO's AOs are my favorite brand. Bought his blank AO for myself and most of my alts - and then I just go animation shopping and fill them up.)

Carolynann Alzael wrote:

Caitlin Debbel wrote:

Same problem - message comes up,        could not find animation 'ST PG-09 AKEYO'

when I teleport to dance place, all is jerky and I cannot dance with partner

There were a few AKEYO animations that were deleted do to a DCMA take down.  In their zeal to comply with the DCMA LL also removed a legitimate one.  I'm not sure if this was the one but you might want to check in your A/O if it has been replaced by an IP holder.

If the Akeyo is no longer in your A/O, assuming it is ZHAO based as most A/O's are, you will need to go into the note card (I'm not in world and forget the name of the card now) and remove this one from the lists.

If it is not ZHAO based you'd need to follow the instructions for your A/O to remove it.

As far as your dancing with a partner being jerky, etc, that could be a SIM issue, no spare time left in the SIM for scripts to run.  Check the statistics bar to see what is going on.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Edit the AO and see if that animation is in the contents and spelled EXACTLY the same way - including number of spaces, capitals, etc...

AKEYO AOs have no notecard, so if you're using their AO - go into the setup mode, hit configuration, and it should spam your chat window with a list of all your animations and a number.

You then use in chat something like:

/99 23

To bring up a popup window to modify how it uses animation 23.

I think th AO might also have some rest options to force it to rescan all your animations. You can also trigger this by dropping a new animation into it or taking one out that is in it.

(AKEYO's AOs are my favorite brand. Bought his blank AO for myself and most of my alts - and then I just go animation shopping and fill them up.)

I should splurge.  That is so much easier than editing note cards!

• 7 years later...

Same here starting today, Feb 17, 2021; A friend had some issues at a sim crossing while riding horses on my own land. I got off my horse and on hers but it was not moving. My AO stopped working but we eventually got the horse moving again.  

- Running scripts are enabled for everyone on both sims

- I have not added, nor deleted any thing to the original AO

- I logged off and rebooted the computer. Ok, I had a power failure so I had to shut it all down under UPS power but this issues started happening prior to the power outage. 

- I ran a 'reset all scripts' in edit

- I unboxed and re-attached a new copy of the AO. 

the AO just stopped working. All other animations, furniture, dancing, horseback riding, work just fine. Just my AO stopped working.  Is there a toggle or something to ignore AO?

AO in question: Vista Animations The Boss Extended Ed - AO. V3

Fixed, found a "reset" button burred in one of the pull down menus. 

Edited by IanLeigh
Fixed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.