how to find out the skin colour?

minimom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

how to find out the skin colour?  I am trying to match my colours via a HUD and I cant get it quite right. There is an oprion for RGB.. if only I could find out what the skin colour is.

Just incase DELISH Haley skin is what I am trying to match to.

Many thanks

I find that appliers is the way to go when it comes to matching skins,  there is though a few programs to pick RGB, check RGB color pick, i think theres another called colorpic, but even when you choose a pretty similar one, there will be differences, find if your skin creator, does appliers just in case

this answer i found at top of the list when entering rgb color second life at google....

hope it still works this way, no external programs are needed.

Open the Develop menu in your top toolbar and go to Show Info.  Click Show color under cursor.  You will see some numbers appear at the bottom right of your screen.  Ignore the last zero.  The other numbers are your R, G, and B.

To add to Alwin's answer: It's best to do this on a pose stand, in a good windlight setting. I use Nam's Optimal Skin 2, but any bright environment setting will work. The default lighting is terrible. 

Use a patch of skin close to your attachment point - i.e. for prim feet/shoes, the side of the ankle just above the top of the shoe works well. Be aware that even using the "show color under cursor" method, you may have to fine tune the color slightly to get a decent match, but it's easier than starting from scratch, at least. 

It is a devil to get that right because skin is so complex. Even if you use colour under cursor as Alwin suggests, you get the colour of one pixel so when you match it up you can still see the line.

Slink, who make feet (and other things) have a cool trick which is to use a tattoo to finish of the match. So you put on their feet and an alpha to make your normal feet go away, then you set the basic colour and then you pick a tattoo to finish it off. The tattoo starts with the colour of the foot and fades into transparency so that the colour blends to your skin colour.

FootTat.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.