how old is your avatar

irihapeti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Woohoo, I can get into adult rated clubs now! Take that every dance club with a "You must be 8' or taller to enter" sign.

Not so happy it think's I am a gurl though.

(Edit: For those that don't know me, this is my 12 year old form - Weirdly my 18 year old form scaled as being MUCH younger)

WhatsMyAgeRitsu1.png

Heh, NSA are getting sneakier every day! Still, they already know more about me that I do, so... here's me in a couple of guises. I actually fed quite a few through the website, and it's fairly consistent. Quite impressive for the NSA!

AgesWebsite.jpg

Looks like I'm the wrinkly of the group so far.

Capture.PNG

Most recent me is oldest me, so at least I'm aging in the right direction.

On RL pictures, it estimated from as young as 13 to as old as 66(!?) for pictures of me where my actual ranged from 39-44. Oh, and it guessed 24 and 11 for my twin nieces in a single photo where they were both 10.

PS: on the images I tested it guessed female for images where I was en femme and male otherwise, which would be gratifying if not for the huge inaccuracies in its other predictions.

Callum Meriman wrote:

Weirdly my 18 year old form scaled as being MUCH younger)

same

it depends a whole lot on the light and the resulting smoothness (or bumpiness) of the skin. And the expression

as I understand it the algo is what Microsoft/Bing use to filter/identify images particularly of RL children. Children have smoother skin than adults and it is pretty noticeable/measureable this in RL photos. Am pretty sure that Google have something similar

also most children when asked to pose for a photo typically tend to bland out expression-wise. Or they go overboard. Adults tend to think they bland out when posing but their worry lines/facial settings tend to be more pronounced that they think

+

in my 1st photo which says 16, if I turn my avatar slightly to the left and cam zoom in about 2 metre then the age jumps to 23. If I remain in same pose and change the lighting to day (overhead light) rather than evening (light behind) then it jumps to 27

I tried a few, same skin, and got a variety of ages from 27-37, which is strange because I always thought my avatar looks younger than that.  Here's a mid-range one:

Screenshot 2015-05-11 11.36.18.png

Without the beard I look about 15 but this website has other ideas:

Screenshot 2015-05-11 11.44.43.png

I also tried it on my real photos. One taken this year it reckons I'm 39 (I'm 48 so I can live with that). But then I fed it a pic taken 10 years ago and it said I was 43! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.