applying skins help needed

Arden Sirnah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently returned to SL after being away for some time and when I returned, there were mesh bodies and heads.  It took me a while to get a grasp this new mesh.  After trying many demos (I'm still using my classic head) I went with the Maitreya Lara body.  I am not comfortable using it.  However, I have now been fiddling around with the mesh heads...catwa inparticular.  And I've been having a hard time getting the skins to apply to the body and head.  I got some help from someone who told me I needed the appliers, Lara body and catwa appliers.  but it doesn't seem to be working.  Is there any webpages or youtube videos that can have instructions.  I wouldn't say I'm an expert at second life because i'm use to the old system avis.  So these mesh heads are completely difficult for me to understand.  Can anyone help with this? 

Thanks in advance,

Arden Sirnah

I've gone through the mesh body addicts blog however I only find how to work with the body.  and I do believe I have that down pat.  It's applying the skins to match the head and body together.  Its just not working.  very difficult for me to figure out.  

Arden Sirnah wrote:

I'm using Omega System Relay Hud For Catwa and Omega System Relay Hud for Maitreya.  Am I missing somethig?  

So the skin you got only has Omega appliers, is that correct?

Then wear your Maitreya body, the applier Hud and the Omega reley hud for Maitreya. Click the button on your applier and make sure you are in an area that allows scripts to work. This should be all you have to do.

Catwa should be the same, but I'm no expert on that one, as I don't own this mesh head.

Maybe I need to use a skin applicator.  Perhaps that's the issue.  I've only been using demos because i'd like to make sure I know what I'm doing before spending the Lindens to buy all the stuff needed.  As of right now I am using the Glam Fair demos.  perhaps its just a learning experience.  I shall be sure the skin has an applier.  

Thanks for your help.  I could be back.  LOL

There are 3 independant systems you need to operate:

System body - in case you use the system head
Catwa head - in case you use this head
Maitreya body

System body - wear the skin. Simple enough

Maitreya body - wear the skin applier hud for maitreya and click it
In case you use an Omega skin - get the omega relay for Maitreya body and wear it - wear the omega skin applier hud and click it.

Catwa head - same procedure as for the Maitreya body but with the applier for catwa and the omega relay or activator for the catwa head

In doubt just read the instructions.

When you are finished you can detach all huds/relays/whatever of course and make a copy of this head and this body for an easy fallback in case you try something new or mess something up.

As far as i know, I have the Maitreya applier...which was suggested by a member in the omega group.  

And I have the Catwa head applier. 

As of right now, I have the Lara Maitreya body and a classic avi head.  So far i'm interested in the Catwa Alice head and have been playing around with the demo which i found out how to adjust the eyes.  that was easy.  I then wear both appliers and try to apply the demo skins which doesn't seem to have any appliers.  In the boxes I only see skins.  When i try to apply them mothing happens.  Am I suppose to have an applier for the skins as well?  could this be what my problem is.  

Like I said I'm only using all demos at the moment until I can figure this out before I go and spend all this money on this mesh heads and I cant use them because i can't figure it out.  

Do the skin demos have all the necessary appliers in them or do i have to purchase a whole skin to find out?

• 2 years later...
18 minutes ago, MsAmore said:

Hello i am new here i bought a AK head and a Maitreya body but i cant seen to find a full body skin applier compatible with my head can anybody help me please 

you need a seperate one for the body ánd one for the head,

mostly those are sold by the same creator/store in the right tones. Always check the brand where they are made for, these are not exchangable for different type of bodies/heads.

but look carefull: there are also appliers who have a combination of both in one.

And you might need omega relays or installers for head ánd body, your head/body manual will normally give instructions.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.