anyone know the best hair in sl?

xyla12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

*sigh*

Do the work yourself. I say that with love, because "best" is probably among the most subjective words ever. I can give suggestions as to MY favorites, but you might try them on and think "EW! What was she thinking?!"

Male or female? Long or short? Mesh or prim? Up or down? Curly or straight? These are all important questions, really.

I like TRUTH hair, as they have styles for everyone and they're very well-made. Analog Dog, I think, has good curly hair, if I recall correctly. Damselfly has some great hair; I find them a bit "big," but I prefer sleeker styles on myself. Exile, Lelutka, Lamb, and Ploom are all very nice. I have recently fallen in love with Lelutka's mesh Fairy Tale styles, personally. Wasabi Pills is another personal favorite.

Hair is transitioning largely to mesh. Which isn't to say you can't find prim hair still, but a lot of the newer styles are in mesh. I like them; others feel that it looks like a lump of clay on the avatar's head. It's all personal preference, really.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

*sigh*

Do the work yourself. I say that with love, because "best" is probably among the most subjective words ever. I can give suggestions as to MY favorites, but you might try them on and think "EW! What was she thinking?!"

Male or female? Long or short? Mesh or prim? Up or down? Curly or straight? These are all important questions, really.

I like TRUTH hair, as they have styles for everyone and they're very well-made. Analog Dog, I think, has good curly hair, if I recall correctly. Damselfly has some great hair; I find them a bit "big," but I prefer sleeker styles on myself. Exile, Lelutka, Lamb, and Ploom are all very nice. I have recently fallen in love with Lelutka's mesh Fairy Tale styles, personally. Wasabi Pills is another personal favorite.

Hair is transitioning largely to mesh. Which isn't to say you can't find prim hair still, but a lot of the newer styles are in mesh. I
like; others feel that it looks like a lump of clay on the avatar's head. It's all personal preference, really.

^^this^^ I agree Ariel. Cannot stand the way mesh hair looks, although I did find ONE hair from CatWa that didn't look like a lump of clay. As far as the others mesh hairs I've seen, they just don't look right. 

One of the best things about hair in SL is that everyone can't agree on anything, and that is not only good, thats great. Because that tell you that there is verity out there, what I hate someone else loves. The best advise anyone can give you is one word, DEMO, get a lot of them and find out what you love, I may hate it but then, its not on my head, and what I hate should make no difference to you if you love it.

One of my favorites is Zero Style, I ware my hair from there almost all the time.

mewpy mewpy mew mew ma mewp :matte-motes-bashful:

There can be only one, that absolute bestest of all , if you dont agree i will come and turn your pixels dark hahah.

D!VA.

But Truth is having a sale, and there hair is great i have lots, but D!VA is the everyday hair for me.

Wasabi Pills has a style that i thinks the best to.

So , really there is no best, the best is what works with you and makes you looks great.

Oh **DP**YUMYUM Barberyumyum*16 is a classic thats been around for a while and is definitly a favorite.

My forum pic is EMO-tions hair, and is a favorite to

Plus i have a ton of crazy arse hairs that are great for special events by many different makers.

There are tons of great designers out there but what is best for one is not for another.  Just like RL you will find  some styles to be more attractive on your avi than others.  Also there is a matter of personality.  For everyday, I like my hair to be a little mussed up and a bit wilder whereas others enjoy that perfect, not a hair out of place look.

Just try on a bunch.  You probably are going to want different styles for different outfits or occasions anyway.  I know few people that wear the same hair all the time.

truth hair.JPG

Kristin Burner wrote:

But Truth is having a sale, and there hair is great i have lots,

Trying to get in to Truth right now is just about an effort in futility.  They must have their region limit set at 44 Ava's.  You can see all the Ava's at the SIM edge trying to get in.  I tried a couple of times to get in but get 'region full' message.

Watching all those Ava's from a distance trying to 'fly into' Truth reminded me of watching videos of sperm attacking an ovum trying to get in to fertilize it.

It appears some are camming in from Truth District to 'shop.'  Note the Ava in top left in the sky with the 'demo box' on her head.

my favorite can pop up in any designer..

some that might make a lot of bad styles or whatever..sometimes they have one that is just awesome that blows away lots of styles..

i'm always checking out as many as i can..

that's what is great about the market..

i don't have to spend lots of hours looking...it's like a catalog...

great hair can pop up in any designers store..

it just depends on the the style that you are looking for..

you have a better chance of finding what you are looking for from big designers..

but it's always exciting finding the diamonds in the rough... =)

Part of the enjoyment is - in my opinion - actually tp-ing and looking around, trying demos, etc etc at the great hair shops in SL.   I still much prefer 'shopping' inworld where possible than using marketplace, even though I am aware mp can be very useful for many items.

Don't rush, visit a few hair shops - you have been give some great shops to visit by numerous posters - and see which appeal to your own sense of style and try demos wherever possible....many times I have almost fallen for the lovely vendor pic, but upon trying a demo, passed and went for another style.

Shopping for hair and outfits is one of SL's indulgences :matte-motes-smitten:

i found using them both together works great..

we have a huge catalog..which gives a much better idea than search in world does..

it's nice to go shopping in world..but it's nice to have a nice list of slurls that don't get burried by search placement..

plus give a better idea of what is there..

not many styles show up in search..

the market has a big value as a catalog..

but i agree..it's not as fun to shop from as in world is..

it's just a really good place to get some addresses and information that search can't give you..

The best hair is what looks good on you! You should always try the demos. I like to hop around and get the demos for a single type of hairstyle from several different shops.  Then I buy the one I like best. Recently I was looking for a very short bob style and I found one at Argrave and I think I got another at Boon too. But really, you may not like what I like so shop around.

Magika, Exxess, and Wasabi Pills are now my main sources for hair. Sirena is good as well, but appears to not be active (or at least creating) as nothing new has appeared in her store in months. Also got some good stuff from A&A and Catwa in the past, but my preferences have changed and now I no longer like their particular style.

Chickie Chickie has some fun hair as well, as do many others.

Never did like Truth or Amacci much :)

• 6 months later...

I find the size and head shape makes a difference in what hair looks nice. So Truth and Catwa look great...i also like Analog Dog and Magica. Exile looks great in the picture but not so nice on. Leuka, Vogue and Argrace can be nice....and look at Mina. But look at De la and Tableau as well.

Tuppence Aubin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.