anime avatar help?

Larrona

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got myself my regular, a furry avatar and I also wanted to get an anime style avatar.

I have a browse around and find a mod for the avatar I already have (furry one) that makes it more human/cartoony but it sounds complicated to setup

I had a look at avatar 2.0 and Rikugou, the first seems very customizable but Im not sure it looks that cartoony? from the picture and I get the feeling id have to spend a lot more time and money getting it up and running? Rikugou on the other hand very anime and seemed quite feature complete but unsure how customizable it is?

tldr Im still quite new here, any advice on what I should be looking at to setup a nice looking anime avatar ?

thanks

I looked a little more into the Rikugou (almost purchased it) but from the multiple reviews found out the head is unmaintained old version of an existing head (m3) there are (almost?) no alternative clothes avalible for it and it has no "details" when undressed...

eagrly awaing some advice, even it its pointing me somewhere else I may get some

Hey there Larrona, 

I have found that I can create a cute Anime style avatar by using the Kemono Furry Avatar. I see some people even take off the furry head and purchase the M3 Anime head to give it a more human look, there are skins that work with M3 and Kemono avatar. The Kemono avatar I believe is the cheapest to modify with textures and clothing and such. I am throughly pleased with my Kemono avi. It cost me about 2K to really get it where I want it and I couldn't be happier. 

If you need any help or a shopping buddy in-world or wanna see my avi hit me up my name is RedWrath Resident

~Red

I agree with the suggestion of the Utilizator Kemono avatar. It's got a bit of an odd shape - narrow shoulders, wide hips, to the extreme - but you can mitigate that using the standard sliders (since it's fitmesh), and there are loads of mods and add-ons readily available. One of the built-in options is for human feet, as opposed to paws on the feet, and of course you don't have to wear the ears or tail if you don't want to. There are skin mods, breast and bottom add-ons, etc., etc., etc. 

I do suggest using the m3 head. I think there are two versions now. They are customizable to an extent, although I'm still working on understanding the system, myself. 

I have both the kemono body and the avatar 2.0. The kemono is more widely supported though you have to buy the human head. And there are two heads. The M3 and the Venus. I have both and I'm pretty pleased with both. 

So for body I would say best bet. Go with the Kemono. Tons of mods. Tons of add ons like bigger chests, bigger butts, etc. Of course, it come with ears, tail, cute little paws and human feet.

And for head, just which ever one you like more. 

regretting not waiting longer for responses now....

I did see the kemono but overlooked it because I had already purchased myself a furry avi (bg feline which I love, its cute, I see it can be modded too but I found clothing support quite limited) I got speaking to a japanese girl in game she told me I should look into avatar 2.0 body + m3 head

2.0 body was cheap so I jumped at it and was relativly happy until a friend more or less said I looked like a kid :( the picture on the market didn't look young maybe it was just the mesh hair I am using not sure, I didn't get around to getting the m3 head for it yet.

though I was planning on getting the m3 and was wondering....

should I also get the kemono?

how easy is it to attach the m3 head will I need mods to attach?

is it hard to make the skin look human? (I don't really want ear / tail, is it a mod, from where?)

does the kemono come with any clothing like A2.0?

finally is it dumb buying all these avatars when I can only wear one ? (it will be my 4th if I also get the kemono )

thanks again

The Kemono is a really good buy so go for it. 

The head is easy just wear it. For 2.0 body just use the hud to hide the normal head and on kemono just take off the head. 

You can find tons of human skins on marketplace for the kemono. and you just dont wear the ears and tail. 

And yes the kemono will come with clothing. 

and Nooooo not at all. I have tons of different avis. its nice to have choses! 

Also good place for cheap 2.0 or Kemono clothing: 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/145129

I was just about to say I went to the Utilizator in world store and it was filled with nothing but avatar 2.0 clothing so the Kemono link saved me asking! :)

Thanks again for the responses all. very helpful :)

It's important to note that in anime, many/most female characters, especially the protagonists, appear quite young. The females who look older tend to be antagonists. How you style is VERY IMPORTANT, and so is how you present yourself. Even so, you likely will not be permitted in some sims. 

I don't have/know much about avatar 2.0, but kemono has a human option completely built in, with human skins and human feet. No mods necessary. Personally, I prefer using at least a chest mod (there are several available) to enhance the bust, because I find the default to be very flat and child-like. To attach the M3 head, just...attach it. Don't attach the head included in the kemono package, attach the M3 instead, and you're done. 

I often buy things, only to find I don't like them. If you have the funds, go for it; it's your business, no one else's, and you may find use for them later. Do what makes you happy. 

not quite sure what you mean in protagonists? as in roleplaying or ...?

anyway got myself the kemono (don't have the head as of yet may look into it soon, don't want todo too much too fast!)

was a little disapointed switchign the feet to human meant I had no boots :( but overall I am happy with it, just need to find myself a nice outfit (and some boots!) and Im good

also very cute dcope, which hair is that?

I am having fun dressing up thanks for all the advice :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.