Your chat is blocked in this region. You and your scripts or objects will not be able to send chat

jalfonsin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It has a land that I can not write in the chat open for me the message above.
"Your chat is blocked in this region. You and your scripts or objects will not be able to send chat until fewer messages are sent"
In any other land that I go, I have the same problem. Or even if I log in with another avatar. Does anyone know how to solve?
Thanks for helping,

13 answers to this question

The object that flooded the region with chat messages & tripped the throttle could also be rezzed on the region.
The quick fix is to get the region restarted.
Otherwise, you can reset scripts on all scripted objects that you have rezzed out on the region.
The cause of this problem is most often a rezzed object you own on the region that was touched & the touch event stuck, flooding the region constantly with chat messages.
The region will then block all chat from the owner of the object - both chat from scripted objects they own and their local chat.

• Like 4

This is an interesting ancient thread.  For perspective, just in case anyone else stumbles in here, there is a throttle on all of the LSL communication functions. Linden Lab started adding them a few years ago as a way to control spam.  For llSay, for example, the wiki tells us that

Messages sent on channel zero[1] and DEBUG_CHANNEL are throttled to a rate of <200/10sec, per region, per owner/user.

Once the rate is exceeded, all following messages on channel zero or DEBUG_CHANNEL will be dropped until the send rate is again below 200/10sec for the previous 10 sec. Dropped messages, despite being dropped still count against the limit.

For llRegionSayTo, the throttle is described in its wiki entry:

There is a per-destination throttle of 200 messages sent over 10 seconds on channel zero. Thereafter, there is also a per-sending-object throttle of 100 messages on channel zero over 300 seconds (5 minutes). This throttle is relevant only after the first throttle is activated. Messages sent on channels other than zero do not trigger the throttle but, once it is triggered, the block applies to all channels. The block is region-wide and applies to all objects with the same owner. The block apparently lasts until the region is restarted.

It's surprisingly easy to run up against throttles, especially if you have many scripts that are sending a flood of messages to each other as they manage or monitor complex operations across a region.  Sometimes you can wait out a throttle; sometimes you can reset things by restarting the region's servers.  In the end, the best solution is to be careful to keep message traffic within reasonable limits.  Don't send messages any more frequently than you really need to.  Combine several messages into one, so that they carry more information but in fewer packages.  

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 2

I have recived this message aswell. I am a scripter and I made some hair. I had the script to color it in a debug state so I could see were it is in the script as its running. So I used this bit of code and, Keep in mind that the varible chkpt  is the current count and the varible PrmCnt is the total number of prims in the link set.

llSay(0, string(chckpt) + "/" + string(PrmCnt));

OUTPUT +

1/140

this is verry earitating to me as a scripter. Any updates?

Chaser Zaks wrote:

Hello, you and
 seems to be having this problem.

Can you please post a list of your currently worn attachments so it we can narrow it down to what it might be? Thanks!

The easiest way to do that is for the person to is remove all attachements then put them back on one by one until the same thing occurs.  That last item is the culprit.

Just as another perspective on this error message...

[18:29] Your chat is blocked in this region.  You and your scripts or objects will not be able to send chat until fewer messages are sent.

My local was being bombarded with script errors that were coming so fast they were like the other message that says.. "Items coming in to fast, notices will be disabled until fewer items are received"... when you are receiving purchased items sometimes. So anyways. The local chat showed nothing until I tried to speak(type) and every keystroke was met with the 'chat blocked' message. I did all the usual suggestions. Dropped all the Avi parts, went back to Ruth, deleted everything acquired since the issue started..eventually we called our Region Agent, (I and my partner have a full SIM island Region) and we asked them to restart which they did and it did nothing. While she was there helping she killed all scripts..as a test for 30 min. I was fixed!!! Then she restarted the land scripts and instantly I was chat blocked again.. so at that point we knew it was a broken object script.

Well we have an EDM nightclub that is themed as an underground Streetracer Nightlife type thing and so I have numerous Exotics, Tunercars and Musclecars, all rezzed all over the track which is full SIM. We learned through this whole ordeal that cars and bikes, and well... jets, spaceships helicopters, VTOLs... and all vehicles honestly.. aren't the best to endure long term 'rezz and sit, and not use'. SIM restarts and crashes and all the other common SL events are hard on a vehicle with 65 to 100 scripts each and 65 to 100 prim each. We removed over 25 cars and bikes and found many had broken scripts and were completely non functional.. one was blasting local as a visitor had left with a HUD attached and it was telling me, the owner... essentially.. HELP!

The moment I 'took' all the cars and re-rezzed each..I was instantly restored local chat and all the cars scripts had reset on a fresh rezz.

So.. long story short, this error is absolutely a script break and it's an item that isn't happy. Start with script heavy items that are not meant to be long term like a home, such as cars and planes.. and take them to inventory, and see which one is your culprit. I spent days in scripts and debugging screens and learning all the ways SL works.. learn form my trial..

Hope this helps someone.. Feel free to IM me 'in-world' if you have any other thoughts.. I'm happy to help..

*hugs*
SarahLexxia Resident

• Thanks 2

I am a little late to the party, but I just had the issue and found this thread no. 1 on Google, so here are my 2 cents:

If you have a rogue scripted object that floods local chat (in my case not even attached, but a rezzed group inviter), it doesn't matter what you do until you fix or delete it. Worst of all you won't find it by scanning the chat, because as the message says, all chat is blocked from visibility, but the object continues to flood, hence even if you restart the region you're chat-blocked again in no time.

For scripting: I will from now on add an llSleep(...) after EVERY llSay() and llWhisper().

22 minutes ago, Lava Babii said:

I am a little late to the party, but I just had the issue and found this thread no. 1 on Google, so here are my 2 cents:

If you have a rogue scripted object that floods local chat (in my case not even attached, but a rezzed group inviter), it doesn't matter what you do until you fix or delete it. Worst of all you won't find it by scanning the chat, because as the message says, all chat is blocked from visibility, but the object continues to flood, hence even if you restart the region you're chat-blocked again in no time.

For scripting: I will from now on add an llSleep(...) after EVERY llSay() and llWhisper().

It sounds like there needs to be some kind of list of spammy objects to the person who gets throttled.

And just to clarify, all messages to local chat from all of your objects in the entire region will count towards the throttle. The issue might not be caused by a single spammy object.

Once you become "chat blocked," you have to wait for the average to drop even after you delete your objects.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.