Will the existing mesh heads be obsolete with Bento Project?

Cesartje

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am curious, with the Bento project adding more possibilities to animations, will the mesh heads that people are selling now be obsolete? I think the type of animation will be different, right? Or still frame by frame?

And will the new mesh heads be able to change the dials like the base avatar does, to try to achieve an unique look? Or the improvement is for animation only?

thanks

Depends on what you mean by obsolete.

The current mesh heads won't stop working or anything like that but if all go according to LL's plan, Bento will offer a much better way to do everything current mesh heads can do.

Most of the head makers will probably offer an update. They've updated for things like Omega scripting, etc as updates. The thing is , you'll have to wait for some of that to work until animation makers catch up since most of those changes are ones that can be controlled by animations in your AO.

I think* I read a reply from Catwa Clip, she sell the most complicated animated heads. She warns for changing the head with sliders. The animations is made for a certain head, or the bones in the default avatar head that is hidden under the alpha layer.

So the customization of mesh heads will possibly mean fewer animations and very expensive heads, because to make the animations work when people go crazy on eyes, mouths, cheeks and whatever, the animation must adapt to lots of different changes that pull in different directions.

I would guess that animations is going to be harder on mesh heads, but more natural for default heads.

*But now I can't find it again. Was it Twitter or have I dreamt it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.