Which mesh body?

angeoco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I use a system body, but would love to start wearing a mesh body, for the usual reason that they look so much better.

I like to look natural - petite, fairly curvy, slightly padded, nothing out of the ordinary, and if it's possible to avoid throwing out most of my wardrobe that would be nice.

I have played with demos of all the bodies listed on Mesh Body Addicts along with some of my existing clothes, but I seem to get most success with Abar EBody - the shape and default skin are nice, and the Omega system works with a bit of effort.

However, nearly everybody else seems to be wearing Maitreya Lara and looking great, so I'm wondering am I missing something? Or should I look again at some other body?

Thanks for any advice.

Mesh Body Addicts is an awesome resource, I'm glad you've checked them out! 

Picking a body is largely deciding what's right for you. I recently purchased Maitreya's Lara and absolutely love it. It's a very popular body so there are a ton of clothing options for all price ranges. It was right for me because I wanted to be able to easily find outfits and have a choice of quality clothing. Being able to individually hide body parts via the HUD makes almost any clothing so easy to fit.

Finding a mesh body that will allow you to wear the clothing you already have can be tricky, so demoing was definitely the way to go. That being said, think of your mesh body as an investment not only for the present but for the future. You'll likely want to use it for a long time, so you'll want to ensure when you buy new products you'll be able to find them for the body. Abar's eBODY has support, but it's nowhere near what the heavy hitters (Maitreya, Slink, Belleza) have. Many products rely heavily on appliers, and if Omega isn't working 100% you may want to consider if you want to invest in the eBODY or look into another.

Keep in mind that for many Mesh bodies you can use the sliders in the edit shape area to alter the look a bit. Be warned that altering it too much can result in difficulty with clothing, but it all depends on the individual piece. Lots of mesh clothes come with various sizes. 

If you need any more information or have any questions please feel free to ask! I hope I've helped a little.

Maitreya has a nice balance between ease of use and features.  It looks nice and is popular with the fashion creators. 

If you prefer EBody when everyone else is wearing Lara, enjoy your unique choice and style :)  Seriously, if you prefer how it looks, wear it.  No singe body will fit everyone's type.  For instance Lara body does not scale well to anything smaller than C cups.  I don't think you are missing anything major.  You have just made a different choice is all.

You really want to demo them all for a few hours on both your shape and some notable changes to your shape.

And try some different avatar physics out - like one for clothed and one for a bikini/nude. Some of the mesh bodies don't respond well to more active physics.

In demoing you should really push beyond your day to day look / use because you're likely to stick with the body for a long time and don't want something you can't use for "those unusual situations".

Try dialing the bosom size up really high, and down really low.

Try messing with torso and leg muscle - some bodies stop listening to these dials above 40 or 50... and this makes getting a curvy look require really fiddling with a half dozen other dials...

I find Belleza looks better than any other body, and responds to avatar physics better than any othr body - no matter what I do to the dial settings.

But Maitreya has more clothing support. However it responds rather poorly to more active physics, and the bosom gets distorted if you dial too high or too low:

https://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/mesh-avatar-bosom-comparison/

(this distortion actually begins if you go below 45 or above 55 - but it's mild there, and gets severe later on).

- However both Belleza and Maitreya are fairly well supported.

Slink also has decent support.

All of the other brands are low on clothing support so hard to handle unless you're a full time nudist... :)

Unless you plan to stick with one outfit or two :D which most of us don't it is important to consider what CLOTHES are being made for the bodies.  

Maitreya is the top "fit" in the mesh body line for those making mesh for particular bodies. So you will find the most clothes for that body. Slink and Belleza are popular too -- apparently in in that order judging from the blogger boxes I open. 

It is unlikely that much of your current wardrobe will work with you new body. Even if things more or less fit, there are the alpha slots to deal with :D.   Items MADE WELL for the different bodies are WONDERFUL as you hardly need the alpha slots at all.

That being said, there are plenty of clothes on the market SAYING that they are made for Maitreya or Belleza etc which are not weighted well at all and do NOT fit. So try some of the brands that really know how to make things fit. Stories and Company by Flowey is one and Asteria is another. Blueberry too and I am sure there are others. Even if their style of clothes aren't what you want, you can try on the demos and see how well things CAN fit.  

I took a VERY long time before I finally bought my body (yes, Maitreya and I am glad since so many designers now are only designing for Maitreya LOL).  So take your time. I walked around in my body in demo form for awhile -- a whole week with my demo head *wink*. People will get where you are coming from. No hurry. 

I recently went to mesh, I now use Maitreya, I can't speak to any of the others as to whether they are better, I know this one fits me perfect. I jst want to say something about the fear of having to throw out the old wardrobe, I to had that fear, but now that I made the switch I and my new clothes look so much better, that I am like, yeah I need to get rid of this crap. I have found a lot of stuff that came with Maitreya versions when i bought them that I never used. It's easy to find them with a search of the inventory for maitreya ( or whatever body you end up choosing)

I have Maitreya, Belleza, both Slink, both Tonic, GInc and uLukie. They each have their plusses and minusses. Depends on what I want to do and wear and the look I want. You might want to check out the Tonic, btw. Most of the Maitreya fit clothes fit the Tonic nicely and the Tonic is Omega compatible out of the box....oh...Fizz beat the other bodies by being the first to offer her body users an upgrade to Bento rigged hands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.