What's going on with my skins?

KennaBear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok is it just me or is it SL glitching or something like that???

I can no longer wear over half of my outfits because of something goin on with my skins... Like some sort of translucent cover has completely covered all of my skins. I can wear my fully cloathed outfits perfectly fine, but I REALLY want to wear my Bikini's and go sunbathing at the beach... And this thing is making it ever so difficult to do that..

I'm just looking for an explanation because it's really frustrating me...

This is what I'm talking about..

j.png

It looks like a bake failure to me.  I have had it happen before.  If it doesn't get fixed when I rebake, this is what i do.

Remove all tattoo and alpha layers.  This may fix it.  If it does, then put them back on one at a time.

Do a character test - put the default 'girl next door' avatar on.

Clear you cache and relog

Try to put your skin back on and see if it is fixed now. If it is, rebuild your avatar.

If it is still not fixed, then I would completly uninstall all viewers, manually clear any remaining files. ( If you want ot keep any logs you can just move them to another area such as My Documents) then reinstall your viewer.  This is known as a clean reinstall.  If you run the SL viewer the detailed directions are here.  If you run a TPV, the procedure is very similiar.  Just go to the TPV's wiki or documetnation page and search for clean install to get detailed directions.

I'm not completely sure which viewer,

But it gave me an update to download earlier today, i did that and everything was running perfectly until about 15 minutes before I started this thread asking for help...

I cleared my cache, tried Ctrl/Alt/R, and what not, and it still looks exactly the same...

This was a problem some while ago, one of the pink ATI bugs (not the pink prim bug) but LL fixed it. It still appears at times usually when changing a system layer rather than a complete outfit but a rebake fixes it instantly. I use Niran's viewer mostly and it was so bad in it long after LL fixed the bug, his viewer was unusable for me. I took it up with him on his SLU thread as did a few others and he fixed it after a few days. He said he had missed one of LL's ATI pink bug fixes. The bug only affects the torso and legs, never the head.

I'm rather surprised to see it pop up again in quite a few recent threads both on the Forums and Answers. Disabling Basic Shaders may be a workaround but it's a pretty awful one and is not a solution (and apparently according to some, does not always work properly).

What card do you have and what Catalyst version are you using? Is it 12.1 or after?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.