Wearing 2 or more alpha layers

Cameron Chase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I know there is a way to wear more than one alpha layer but I cant figure it out! I have a pair of shoes that have an alpha and a jacket and a pair of pants. If I put one on, the others come off. I was told to left click on the alpha and "add" but I dont see an "add" menu when I click on alpha. Help?

It is not left click Cameron, it is RIGHT click. What viewer are you using? The "add" feature" is only is the recent ones. You must not click "add" while you are wearing the object, but on the alpha layer icon in your inventory. You can wear up to 5 alphas at the same time in the official viewer and in Firestorm. 

You can customize your own alpha layers, or get some cheap alredy made. And demos often have a lot of different alpha layers. It is still some old Phoenix viewers around, so some designers sell a suit with an alpha layer that cover the whole body including the feet. Those who sell pants sell with alpha layers where some cover just the pants part, some both that and feet...

Also, if the jacket alpha is modify and you will cover all of your lower body too. you edit your t-shirt alpha with one click. Wear the jacket alpha. Go to Appearance, and click on the alpha layer so you get up the image on screen. Then open your inventory, and search for the Transparent texture we all have in the library. Pull it over to the square marked Lower alpha, watch your whole lower body turn transparent, legs and feet. Save with a new name so you know it from the original. Enjoy your new alpha!

If you will wear only mesh upper clothes, texture pants and shoes with alpha, you can get free feet textures at The Forum Cartel, or here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avatar-Alpha-Overlays-101311-update/2312783

You do the same, wear the alpha layer and drag an alpha texture that fits for your shoes over to the square marked lower alpha. Then you can wear your system pants, mesh shirt and shoes all together.

4 scr.JPG

You cannot wear multiple alpha layers in Phoenix. That viewer is no longer being developed and once server side baking happens, it will be rendered obsolete unless someone picks it up.

For wearing multiple alphas, you will need a viewer that supports that function. Not sure if Singularity or CoolVL have that. I would recommend Firestorm though. It is a very stable viewer for most people. It is also the most popular viewer on SL and has the lowest crash rate that LL has ever seen.

I use FS and have never had any issues adding additioal Alpha Layers. As was said, just Right Click any additional Layers and select add. It's always worked for me. I also wear some clothing such as a bra or pasties that way if someone has an issue with alpha layers, at least I'll be covered up.

If you double Left Click you are just replacing what you are already wearing.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.