Voice change

Cacaia2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

True, and I do know a few men that have very feminine voices and speech patterns too. Usually obvious when they get called Ma'am on the phone. Totally off-topic, but that is indeed why I always laugh about "voice verified". Short of taking a DNA test + MRI or CT it's absolutely impossible to tell gender. Regardless of that, for most people speech patterns plus "sound" (pitch, modulation etc.) is approximately "gender appropriate".

Well, I think it may not necessarily have nothing to do with deceiving people nor lying.  There are lots of role playing places in SL where one just might want to experiment playing the opposite gender.  That's one of great things in SL, we can be ourselves, and then also something totally different.

I often dress up in some pacific island outfits looking like some native.  In RL I live far north where we have cold chilly winters.  Am I lying pretending to be from the pacific islands doing so?
shrug-1.gif

Coby Foden wrote:

Well, I think it may not necessarily have nothing to do with deceiving people nor lying.  There are lots of role playing places in SL where one just might want to experiment playing the opposite gender.  That's one of great things in SL, we can be ourselves, and then also something totally different.

I often dress up in some pacific island outfits looking like some native.  In RL I live far north where we have cold chilly winters.  Am I lying pretending to be from the pacific islands doing so?

shrug-1.gif

there is a big difference between having a female av and using a voice changer..by using a voice changer you are actually trying to deceive someone about your RL. Personally i feel if you play a female and don't want to ruin the fantasy, just don't use voice.

Yeah.  Anyway, the voice modifiers are not perfect.  It is fairly easy to tell if somebody uses one.  They work ok if one wants to sound like some robot or something more strange.

For perfect human gender voice changing - if one really is after that - the only way is to really do it the hard way.  Like the person in the video I posted earlier.  Some might learn it - some might never learn it.  It's not only the voice that must be changed, one must also learn the typical patterns how the other gender talks.

For fantasy play, surely the easiest way is to use typing - one can hide oneself under other gender's clothes.
No need to lie about one's RL gender with false voice.  Erm... or what, how did this thing go?  Ermm.gif  :smileywink:

[ADDED 2013-01-09}]
The OP didn't even say how they wanted to morph their voice.
Maybe OP just wanted to sound like Darth Vader, or a dog, a cat, a frog?
Perhaps like a robot even?

:cathappy:  :robotsurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.