Trying to understand Maitreya, Slink, and LOGO Chloe.

VanessaVoltaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, I apologize for asking the question that's probably been asking a hundred times already. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, but I'm still learning the more detailed mechanics. Any help would be appreciated. 

I recently made the switch from a standard body to the Maitreya mesh body and purchased the LOGO Chloe mesh head to go along with it. I've been having trouble trying to get the head, body, and slink feet to be all one skintone though. I'm assuming you have to buy skins that have Maitreya, Slink and LOGO appliers, but are there any good stores out there that support all 3? I'm trying to get rid of any uneven parts of my avatar and noticed the neck either doesn't quite line up right, or it's a different skintone shade than the body. Is there anyway to make it all seemless? 

Also, since I'm new to the Maitreya body, what clothes should I be looking for? Will standard sizing work or is it best to look for clothes that specfically mention support for Maitreya? Will mesh clothes work?

Thanks!

Pink Fuel skins have appliers for all of them, I think League do too.

Standard mesh will work, but you will probably have to tweak your shape to fit.

It is worth getting the Maitreya Omega kit to increase options for applier clothes... (best normally used for underwear or tops you are wearing under coats).

For Maitreya specific clothes look at Addams, Erratic, Blueberry, Just Because. ISON, Neve\Coldlogic and Maitreya themselves.

Take a look at KC Couture for shoes they are cheap come with a hud for changing colors and support maitreya feet. You will find that for the most part you can leave your slink feet behind, unless you really are attached to them and the shoes you are wearing. I rarely use slink feet any more, it is just easier to stick with all maitreya.

The recommended shops are just those I can think of off the top of my head, search lara on marketplace for other makes of clothes and appliers.

Hmmm after looking through the Pink Fuel skins, I noticed a lot of the appliers are for the LOGO Alex head. Is it going to make a difference if I use it on LOGO Chloe? I know to look for Maitreya appliers or Maitreya in the description when it comes to skintones, but what specfically am I looking for when looking for LOGO Chloe appliers? Will any LOGO applier do, or does it have to specifically say LOGO Chloe? 

I've seen Omega in the Marketplace a lot, but what exactly is it? Is it a mesh body, head, etc...? I'm still kind of new to certain household terms in the Marketplace. 

I'm not entirely attached to any particular Slink shoes. I just thought Slink had far more support than Maitreya did at the moment. 

I use the LOGO head because it was simple and easy to use. Upon first attempt of using LetLuka, I didn't understand it at all. I'm assuming LetLuka has far more support though. Is Maitreya the highest supported mesh body right now? 

VanessaVoltaire wrote:

Hmmm after looking through the Pink Fuel skins, I noticed a lot of the appliers are for the LOGO Alex head. Is it going to make a difference if I use it on LOGO Chloe? I know to look for Maitreya appliers or Maitreya in the description when it comes to skintones, but what specfically am I looking for when looking for LOGO Chloe appliers? Will any LOGO applier do, or does it have to specifically say LOGO Chloe? 

I've seen Omega in the Marketplace a lot, but what exactly is it? Is it a mesh body, head, etc...? I'm still kind of new to certain household terms in the Marketplace. 

I'm not entirely attached to any particular Slink shoes. I just thought Slink had far more support than Maitreya did at the moment. 

I use the LOGO head because it was simple and easy to use. Upon first attempt of using LetLuka, I didn't understand it at all. I'm assuming LetLuka has far more support though. Is Maitreya the highest supported mesh body right now? 

I don't have a LOGO head so I don't know. Pink Fuel does have a demo for the applier doesn't it? I would try that and see how it looks.

Logo sells skins? Maybe worth trying their skins out that are compatible.

More info here:

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-head-reviews/womens-mesh-heads/logo/

Omega is sort of a standard for appliers that via their Hud, you can use a wide range of appliers to add clothese, like system layers to your Maitreya (or other mesh body) for more info take a look at their website.

http://lovenlustdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/p/lets-learn.html

My favorite skin store for both regular & mesh bodies is Lumae.  My favorite shoe store for Maitreya Lara feet is K.C Couture. 

You can wear fitted or standard mesh. A well-made fitted outfit will fit best. Most standard mesh clothes (& some labled as fitted) require you to use the Alpha option on the Maitreya hud to hide parts of your body.

Btw, if you wear a mesh outfit that basically covers all your body, you don't need to wear a mesh body under it. Unless you're naked ir wearing applier layers, body sliders & mesh clothing defines the shape of your body, so sometimes you can get away with wearing a standard body with mesh clothes, which can cut your ARC & server side lag. 

• 10 months later...

Redgrave has appliers for their skins, too, and they work well with the Maitreya Lara (you might want, on the Maitreya HUD, to try (on the "skins and options" tab) the "neck fix on/off" button and see what you like best.  My experience has been with the Lara and the Redgrave Kiara (pale) skin.  There are two neck blenders (for the two different shades of "pale" and an applier HUD with eight different decolletages and nipple shapes for each shade of pale.  

As far as clothing on mesh bodies in general, most legacy stuff that's not sculpty won't show up.  Most mesh outfits will.

The Maitreya mesh body HUD allows you a new world of alpha customization that will allow you to wear your mesh (without requiring Maitreya appliers) in the size you're used to wearing or one larger.  

And you can always alpha your entire body out neck-to-feet if you must wear a one-piece outfit with its own skin (though that defeats the entire point of buying a mesh body, there are rare occasions you'd want to - flight suits and other form-fitting wear, pant suits, etc.).  

But good mesh outfits generally do show up well on Maitreya, and the ability to adjust alpha to custom shapes (one that, like mine, you've tweaked for several years) is worth the price of the Maitreya Lara by itself.  If you customized your shape and it's not one of the "five standard Mesh shapes", you'll find that you can now wear a lot of mesh you couldn't with the legacy alphas.

That's all even before you buy a single Maitreya applier outfit.  Some Maitreya undies aren't appliers - beware, they can show through even Maitreya outerwear.

Oh, look into buying the Omega bridge.  It's more than worth it if you have clothes you like that have appliers not for Maitreya, especially Omega appliers.  Be sure to buy the Omega bridge for Maitreya.

Edited by angelpatty Resident

Just FYI in case you hadn't noticed. The Maitreya body includes mesh feet and they are quite comparable to the SLINK feet you're currently using. From a product support standpoint I don't run into any issues finding product that supports Maitreya's feet and in the rare cases that I do, I can generally find something else that is in the same style and quality of the original item I was looking at.

With your LOGO mesh head you can use any skin that is made for that brand however the skin may appear slightly differently as it was specifically designed with features specific to that model head. Experiment though ..Demo, demo, demo :D

Generally speaking any mesh clothing should be able to work with your body. If it is non fit mesh then it may require either a shape change or potentially further adjustment through the alpha HUD. Clothes that are specific to Maitreya generally fit really well out of the box without any adjustment needed. When mesh was first released to the grid it was non fit mesh. So if you're ever looking at a store that has both specific and non specific clothing then generally speaking the non fit mesh model is probably an older product of theirs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.