Tight Pant Syndrome

Ian Undercroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Using Kirstensviewer (now S21) which is V2 based, I've been seeing "tight pant syndrome" on other avatars for several months now. My own avatar doesn't appear to me to suffer from this affliction, although I assume others see me in tight pants. Obviously the affects of this syndrome can be alleviated by wearing pants with prim cuffs/flares. I've a number of questions. Do all viewers suffer from seeing tight pants? Is the fact that you appear to others as having tight pants dependent on the viewer you use? Can I change my viewer settings in some way so that I no longer see tight pants on other avatars? I've raised tight pants in passing in other threads previously. However, my comments have never generated any significant response. This might lead me to assume that I am in a minority in seeing this problem. However, I doubt that to be the case. As matters stand I think it a shame that one can't wear pants without prim cuffs/flares without appearing ridiculous to others.

I use Phoenix viewer and I see tight pants when I expect they are supposed to be tight and loose pants when I expect they are supposed to be loose.  I think sometimes people forget lower leg prim attachments and then they can appear to be tight.  Just a guess.

I see it sometimes too, Ian and I use the Phoenix viewer.  It sometimes happens after a teleport.  A buddy of mine and I have been going on the various gridwide hunts, and when I see him before we start, his pants legs are fine.  Then, after the first teleport, ta-da! tight pants...and they remain that way until he logs off.  I've just gotten used to it and, of course, he can't see that his pants are ridiculous all of a sudden. 

I don't know what causes the phenomenon, but I've taken to wearing prim lower leg attachments so it doesn't happen to ME.

I understand this is a bug in Snowstorm, which Kirsten's is based upon.  There is a JIRA about it also but I'm not sure what stage it's at, I haven't looked in a while.

Sorry I can't provide a link, but I'm in a rush to do something else.  Search on tight pants or browse through the JIRA items in the Snowstorm project.  Any viewer based on Snowstorm will have the same issue.  For my experience I can vouch for Catznip as well as Kirsten's.

It seems more fundamental than a mistake on the part of the wearer, Venus. Even when pants come with prim attachments they will still often have some "give" in them to give a looser fit effect. I don't see the looser fit effect with the result that prim turn ups, for example, often appear some distance removed from or too big for the pant bottom.

Thanks Mabb. I have seen the JIRA previously. It's been outstanding for months now. I don't understand why if the problem is widespread that an issue which affects so many people (especially men) on a day in day out basis hasn't been resolved after such a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.