Thoughts on Evian Skins?

DatBlackKitty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So far my favorite one is this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Evian-Veronica-Tan-Skin-Shape/6025095

I tried the demo and really liked it! I think it's worth the big price, but I may float around to find a cheaper decent skin and shape for my rehaul avi that fits my budget better.

Edit: I AM NOT CRAP TALKING EVIAN SKINS! I AM STATING I AM SEARCHING FOR A CHEAPER ONE MAYBE.  I also reworded my post to not come off as sounding like a dick.

For what's included, that's actually a REALLY good price. 3 skins (well, one, with three variations), a mesh head, mesh hand, nail HUD, makeup...that is really, really good. 

BUT.

Are you going to use most/much of it? If you don't need or want the mesh head or hands, I'd look for something cheaper or with more options for the actual skin, unless you're head over heels in love with just the included skin. For what's basically one skin with no make-up options, that is quite expensive in my opinion. (Not that I don't routinely spend that much on skins, but for packages with multiple makeups, eyesbrows, appliers, etc.) But for a mesh head, hands, AND skin, it's a great price, so think about what you'll use.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

For what's included, that's actually a REALLY good price. 3 skins (well, one, with three variations), a mesh head, mesh hand, nail HUD, makeup...that is really, really good. 

BUT.

Are you going to use most/much of it? If you don't need or want the mesh head or hands, I'd look for something cheaper or with more options for the actual skin, unless you're head over heels in love with just the included skin. For what's basically one skin with no make-up options, that is quite expensive in my opinion. (Not that I don't routinely spend that much on skins, but for packages with multiple makeups, eyesbrows, appliers, etc.) But for a mesh head, hands, AND skin, it's a great price, so think about what you'll use.

I just liked the skin, but it is kinda expensive for my budget. Do you have suggestions for cheaper skins and/or shapes similar if you may please? :)

in my opinion it's a bit odd to aks for opinions about Evian while you say twice now you don't want to buy it because it's to expensive and go look for chepaer ones.... when you do that it's not needed to use the name of thia merchant you don't take as option anyway. Evian has real good things, good filled packages and service. There is a price for that.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

in my opinion it's a bit odd to aks for opinions about Evian while you say twice now you don't want to buy it because it's to expensive and go look for chepaer ones.... when you do that it's not needed to use the name of thia merchant you don't take as option anyway. Evian has real good things, good filled packages and service. There is a price for that.

Uh, sorry then. :<

Well, at least it isn't **bleep** talking the merchant so no damage done. I love Evian Skins and everything, just that you gotta save and earn your Lindens to buy their stuff.

Edit: I reworded my post to not come off so rudely to this merchant

If you only liked the skin, I agree that it's on the expensive side. However, like I said, the price isn't really that high for a skin PACKAGE. It's certainly within the realm of what I would pay, only I would pay that price for a skin set with multiple make-up options. 

I like Pink Fuel, so they're always on the top of my list of recommendations. LAQ also have very good skins. Glam Affair is popular. Check out some of the previous skin threads, because there are tons; or try the Skin Addiction group inworld. Wonderful people; I'm sure they'd be happy to help, but be prepared for a million suggestions!

Shape, you can make yourself, and I recommend it. It's cheaper than buying one, and much more unique. Or, what I usually do: Find a shape with a FACE you love. Body is easier to mod than face; fewer sliders. Make sure the shape is COPY/MOD before you buy it. Then edit the body to taste. You can edit the face, as well; I've made dozens of "minor" tweaks to mine over the years, so it only vaguely resembles the way it started out. Once you find a skin you love, you can make additional minor tweaks to the shape. 

Many skin creators do often individual packages. These typically include one or two skins, with one or perhaps two makeup options, and are much cheaper than buying the fatpack. You can always buy more makeup later, so this may be the way to go for you right now.

I actually ran into Glaim Affair and LAQ via MP searches. I shall take the suggestion to join that group then. I've never really edited a shape or did much of anything like that before. I'm sure there's guides online or some class offered for it in world.

DatBlackKitty wrote:

I actually ran into Glaim Affair and LAQ via MP searches. I shall take the suggestion to join that group then. I've never really edited a shape or did much of anything like that before. I'm sure there's guides online or some class offered for it in world.

It's a subject that has brought up a lot of discussion over the years. There are some handy links in there, if you can spend the time digging them out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.