These avatars are even good ?

jwjai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

If you have tried to IM this creator and got no response, chances are 1. He is offline or 2. Simply Busy. Most content creators do not respond to IMs anway. On the other hand you may try sending him a notecard with your questions and await a response, you may not recieve that response right away but perhaps a day or more later. Also, to find out whether his skins are of good quality or not,  you may try reading reviews (if there are any) on some of the products once you've selected one.

In addition, most places offer a DEMO for you to try so it is possible you can check his Marketplace for Demos and also see if he has an Inworld store that may also possibly have demos available.

I hope I answered your question.

-Nexen.

The ad photos look heavily photoshopped to me. However, at that store, if you sort by price lowest to highest you will see the free demos. Try those and see how you like them before you spend any money. The prices are actually good for what you get. Always try the demos. If demos aren't available, keep looking.

I don't know from personal experience, but you can. The creator offers demos for free, so pick up a few and try them out yourself! That's the only way you'll know if they're up to your quality standards or not.

When you try the demo, you'll want to know a couple of things. Demos for shapes often have enlarged hands and feet, so that you can't wear them as regular shapes. If you like the face and body of the shape enough to buy it, the purchased version will not have the giant hands and feet. Demo skins often have the word "demo" written on the in multiple places, but again, the purchased version won't have that.

ETA: "Best" is always subjective. It looks like that creates makes both the shapes and skins themselves. You'll have to try them and see if you like the quality. If not, keep looking.

Except for the quality of the artwork itself, what skin is "best" is purely a matter of taste.  The pictures used to sell skins/shapes are generally taken in ideal lighting to show them off to the best advantage.  In ordinary light it may look different.  Never buy a skin/shape unless you try a demo first.  That way there will be no suprises.

And if I buy one of these avatar, I'll have an avatar equal to all the people who buy the same avatar? I can change the color of the eyes, mouth, nose, hair, etc. ? And the result of this mix will be perfect, or I'll look like a frankenstein ?

Thanks

You're actually not buying a whole avatar. You're buying the shape and skin. Eyes and hair you'll have to purchase separately. 

If you buy one of the shape and skin packages, you will have an avatar with the same shape AND skin as someone else who buys the same package. Since you have buy eyes and hair somewhere else, though, you still won't look exactly the same as someone else. You don't really change the color of the nose...But most of the skins come with different skin tones, so you can be pale, or tan, or somewhere in the middle. Mouth color you could probably find a way to change, but shouldn't need to; it's colored to look natural with the skin..

Eyes and hair, as well as clothing, are up to you. You won't look at all like frankenstein if you change them! That's what you're supposed to do.

I do not like ads where the face of the second life skin copied and pasted over a real life image.

The designer offer free demos, so it is not as bad as it could be. But in doubt - these are not freebie skins - look very close on the hair and clothes. It is common practice among those who sell skin and shapes only, to include a stylecard with a list over hair, eyes and clothing used. If it is photoshopped from a real life image, you will have to use a SL hair that can be very good, but not just like that.

We can not give you any guarantee. Your graphic card and the windlight setting you use can be very important here. As others said, try the demo and see if you like it.

I'm not familiar with his store but in all honesty, I usually completely ignore stores who use either heavily photoshopped ads, or ads where a SL face is pasted onto a real life head/body (like his are). I feel like by doing that, it's hiding what the product actually looks like and it makes me worry that it's terrible and they just want you to take a chance on buying it. I have no idea if this holds true for this guy or not, but that's what I get from looking at his store and vendor ads as well as other stores that use the same "technique" for their ads.

I'd suggest picking up some free demos if he has them available, so you can see exactly what you're buying before you buy it. If there are no demos, then I wouldn't waste your money. I checked on his store and it looks like he has demos, so definitely try them out and see if you like it and want to buy it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.